Didnt Witerize, what to expect/check?

Hi,

I failed to winterize my rxp before last winter. what should I look for and check before operating it?

Quote Originally Posted by VenomRXP View Post
    Hi,

I failed to winterize my rxp before last winter. what should I look for and check before operating it?

make sure there are no large breaks in the block. also make sure there are no random parts in the bottom of the hull. start the ski if it will start and hook it to the hose. make sure the ski is running befor you turn on the water. best of luck

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Where you are located will make a big difference...if your up north you may have problems if its not in a heated garage. if you are down south where it only gets below 32*F for a couple hours a night you will most likely be ok. Its hard on things when you are below 32* all night and most of the day and thats when cracked blocks can happen.

I'm located in south of Ukraine )))

we didnt have too low temperatures to crack the block. but what esle could be wrong? rust in cylinders or something else to check before starting it ?

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Where you are located will make a big difference...if your up north you may have problems if its not in a heated garage. if you are down south where it only gets below 32*F for a couple hours a night you will most likely be ok. Its hard on things when you are below 32* all night and most of the day and thats when cracked blocks can happen.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    not sure if you haven't tried to start it...

+1
    A few suggestions--
    Change the plugs.
    Drain the gas. Put a couple of gallons in and drain it again before you start it. This will help get some of the old gas out of the tank.

Charge the battery for a day or so. A weak battery may start it but it won't keep it running well unless its fully charged.

Crank it a bit before starting it to move the oil around some in the engine. Hold at full throttle and it wont start-- just crank.

Some may suggest changing the oil/filter since its sat after riding last season.

Thread Information