Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HONDA For Fishing?

Does anyone here use a Honda for Fishing. They look like a pretty legit platform but i dont really know anything about them. I was discussing the PWC Fishing idea with a guy from work and he suggested i look into them. Any thoughts or pics on the subject?

+1
    CF, that is a fairly broad question (best fishing platform) but I'll give you my 3 cents:

1. Budget: Are you buying new or used. Even brand new can vary $5K make/model to make/model.
    2. Speed: Is this an issue? Faster ski = More $$$ and is reflected in prices.
    3. Style of fishing: Salt/Sea or Fresh/Flat water.
    4. Storage: Most PWC fisherman are concerned w/storage. You really need to stick your head in the hulls and check 'em out.
    5. Ease of platform mods for fishing: It can be as simple as strapping a small ice chest on the sides (saddle-bag style), to attaching a rack or as much as the Jet Ski Brian Off Shore Cadillac. The style of the ski/or rear deck may determine this.

There is another member pondering the same questions below this thread... Do your homework before you write a check. There are lots more info. to consider, esp. if you're buying used. Be sure to go to the appropriate manufacturer thread and search for any known issues. It won't matter what you buy to fish off of if it doesn't run...

I hope this helps. Be sure to ask if you have any questions and spread your search for knowledge across the entire forum. Good luck.

I appreciate it!! Ya, I'm definitely in no rush to pull the trigger on one just yet (...technically ) gotta do my homework

+1
    I would look at other options. There are several skis I would recommend if you are looking at a used ski. If you are looking new the list is even smaller. I would definately stay with Sea Doo, Yamaha, or Kawasaki, 3 seaters and 4 stroke. Now research from there.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I would look at other options. There are several skis I would recommend if you are looking at a used ski. If you are looking new the list is even smaller. I would definately stay with Sea Doo, Yamaha, or Kawasaki, 3 seaters and 4 stroke. Now research from there.
    Please clarify your reasoning for staying away from a Honda.....do you havge persoanl experiences with them or are you jumping on the bandwagon.

The honda skis are some of the most reliable 4 strokes out there and get some of the best gas mileage out of any ski on the water. Two great things when you use it a lot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by itsslow98 View Post
    Please clarify your reasoning for staying away from a Honda.....do you havge persoanl experiences with them or are you jumping on the bandwagon.

The honda skis are some of the most reliable 4 strokes out there and get some of the best gas mileage out of any ski on the water. Two great things when you use it a lot.
    Are you saying that my 07 with 224 hours on it is not reliable. I get 6 MPG while cruising. 5 when playing. I agree reliability and fuel consumption are two great things. This is why my friend with the 15 turbo had to fuel up before me on our rides. You obviously love your Honda, great I am glad you are happy with your purchase but I did leave it non specific with my original statement. Sounded like you began the bashing because I wrote my opinion which is what the original poster asked for. I think you could have just put on your big girl panties and not cried and gotten so defensive and just wrote your opinion and why you believed it to be the best opinion..

What bandwagon are you referring. I did not say a specific make to research. I have a Kawasaki Ultra LX. it has the largest fuel tank of all PWCs. It has the most storage of all PWCs. it is the most stable of all PWCs. It is the best value, more ski for less money. Might not have the the most chrome or the fancy braking system or trim but really is that needed. It it naturally aspirated. more reliable and better fuel economy. I never said to get this ski so I left it completely open for him to find his best choice.

Now my reasons for going with the other 3 makes.
    1. look who is still in business
    2. Parts will be hard to come by before long
    3. Yes I have ridden the 15 turbo. A friend has one. When we get to where we are going and it was rough, they were much wetter than the rest of us with Kawi ultra, Yamaha SHO, or Sea Doo GTI or RXT.
    4. I really did not like the ride. It was rougher. You have to get a turbo ski to have any power. If the turbo idea was so great why are the other 3 that are still in business using superchargers.

Before you defend the "anti-bandwagon" movement, have you done your research. There are other skis that I would not recommend but he asked about the honda. If you would like me to be more specific from my knowledge and experience I will.
    Kawi Ultra LX
    Sea Doo GTI
    Yamaha FX HO
    These are all good hulls. The way I listed them is the order of my preference.
    If you are wanting reliability, good fuel economy and fun for a long time these are the way to go. The few extra MPH you can gain by going supercharged will cost you much more to buy, run and maintain. The natural engines are basically gas and go ad all are mid to upper 50s.

Plus 15 post in the last year..... yeah you know alot. I have been involved with more than you could imagine with all makes and models. I have done lots of research involving many things. If you would like to question my knowledge or where my opinions come from I am more than willing to debate this. People that know me know I will never be on any bandwagon. I am not a follower at all. Yes your bandwagon statement pissed me off. You have to know me before you can call me an a--hole

+1
    Damn GL! You get em! I'd be interested to see who has longer range between your ski and mine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    Damn GL! You get em! I'd be interested to see who has longer range between your ski and mine.

I guess we will be finding this out next weekend. Spread the word about us being there.
    As far as range I put in the deep fuel pickup and now have access to just about 22 gallons. I don't even think about gas until I get to 100 miles. But then again we have already had to stop because of other skis. I guess I never really have had to think about it.

+1
    This is a statement I stole from another member on the forum.

"My wife has a 07 Yamaha FX HO and as far as comfort they are great, storage as stated is small even though the hull is huge. One Kawasaki you might try for comfort but not quite 60 in speed would by the Ultra LX with the cruiser seat. This is the non-supercharged Ultra hull so you get the best of both worlds, great ride even in the chop and reliability with great fuel consumption. I thought about getting one for my wife but went with Yamaha. I kind of wish I had gone the other way due to Yamaha being a rattle trap because they put snap together parts."

This person does not even have the Ultra LX. See I am not the only person who thinks I have a reliable fuel efficient ski. This member posted this in a similar type thread as this, it was just not about fishing.

Guys, Guys, Guys whoa calm down. LA is right I am researching so i want everyones opinion. I appreciate knowledge especially that of others!! I appreciate everyones input to this thread Keep the opinion and reason coming but no need to get upset!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information