Changing adapting to aftermarket bars with stock stem on 250x

I have seen some guys with Renthal bars on the stock adjustable stem on the 250x. I would like to put some renthal bars on my 2008 250x. I am not sure if you need to change the clamps on the stock stem to fit a set of 7/8 bars? I have seen an adaptor on the net made by DCR part number DC-HA-KU. It is a billet adaptor if it is not needed I rather not buy it (cost $95). Renthal bars come in so many different sizes. I was wondering what sizes or models could possibly work on the 250x. I think alot of guys use the Renthal rc/alessi bars on the 15f skis they are really made for 85cc motorcycles. Those bars measure around 29 inches wide the height is 118mm.

I hope this post will help other 250x owners do a cheap mod to adapt aftermarket bars to their ski...I know you will not find a clear answer anywhere on how to do this mod. Hopefully someone with the knowledge can post some guidance on how to correctly get some aftermarket bars on the stock bar clamps.. Thanks in advance for participating in this post

check out this thread by DrewNJ, it will help you
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115875

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    29" might be a bit narrow on these ski's... you might wanna look @ 32" wide bars

I agree that 32" bars might be a better choice. I am thinking of using renthal universal button bars part number 25-7641R. I have a call into renthal to find out more about these bars. I am trying to get a set in RED I think that would give me the look I am going for. I know universal button bars come in silver/red. I also want to get a set of odi ruffian lock on grips with red clamps.

Anybody know if I can get a rethal bar in the stock clamps or do I need to get that DCR adaptor in billet?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeye View Post
    I agree that 32" bars might be a better choice. I am thinking of using renthal universal button bars part number 25-7641R. I have a call into renthal to find out more about these bars. I am trying to get a set in RED I think that would give me the look I am going for. I know universal button bars come in silver/red. I also want to get a set of odi ruffian lock on grips with red clamps.

Anybody know if I can get a rethal bar in the stock clamps or do I need to get that DCR adaptor in billet?
    you need the adapter or need to go with the 15F neck..... the way the factory clamps are it will not accept normal style MX bar

According to DrewNJ thread he used the 15f neck I'm also going to do the same

Thread Information