1200-1300 Conversion ?

I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread so if not mods please move accordingly. I currently have a 00' GP1200r with unknown hours it runs great and the only prob i have had in my year of ownership is I blew my drive shaft a few weeks back. Now summer time is around the corner and my brother has been bitten by the ski bug we are possibly buying a GP1300R EFI from Riva. These recent occurrence's got me back on the forums and wondering what is required to convert my 1200r to a 1300r EFI ski ??????? Not looking to get the crazy performance that the conversion ski guys are getting just want to update my GPR and make it more economical and reliable like the EFI 1300. Any and all input from you guys is appreciated

search the classifieds. There was someone selling the whole set up to do the conversion maybe 2 weeks ago. Everything you need to convert to EFI

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    search the classifieds. There was someone selling the whole set up to do the conversion maybe 2 weeks ago. Everything you need to convert to EFI

yea i could hope to find a trashed 13r in my area and trust me i am classifides junky but i am looking to get info such as what parts I can keep from my 12r and what i need to change out besides the obvious (engine and electronics) so that i know what i need to buy to complete the conversion

change the cylinders and head, the stator and flywheel and all electronics and new fuel tank
    display as well.
    You can just change the top end and re jet the carbs too.

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    change the cylinders and head, the stator and flywheel and all electronics and new fuel tank
    display as well.
    You can just change the top end and re jet the carbs too.

I want to go full efi wouldnt that eliminate the carbs or am I missing something ? Also I can keep my 00' pump/back end of my ski stock (besides the obvious upgradesto a 00')

No i was just saying if you just want the performance side of things and save some money keep the carbs and change the top end. If you want full efi then get everything I stated plus the Throttle bodies and intake for them as well.

Thread Information