Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Help with places to ride Miami?

Hi Guys!
    My name is Bruce and I recently transfered here from Texas (Coast Guard). I own two Skis and love to ride but Im one of those who brings family along and like to enjoy the water/beach. We found a great spot last summer on Key Biscayne (Virginia Key park). Well the wonderful state of Florida has taken away the beach for those who like to beach and hang out.
    Can someone please give me other ideas of places to ride? Not picky, a boat ramp and a sandy beach would be perfect. Haulover? S. Miami or perhaps upper keys? Im not real familular with the area so dummy terms would be appreciated (ie ramps, milemarkers, roads etc..). And yes I own a stand-up, love to ride but hours in one shot is wayyyy to much, hence the beach. I appreciate all the help!

+1
    I was just at Virginia Key and saw a couple skis beached there. Like 10 riding near the area.

+1
    west coast of florida and the beach no problem yet. Might be if the oil rolls down our way? Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KAWAGREEN View Post
    Hi Guys!
    My name is Bruce and I recently transfered here from Texas (Coast Guard). I own two Skis and love to ride but Im one of those who brings family along and like to enjoy the water/beach. We found a great spot last summer on Key Biscayne (Virginia Key park). Well the wonderful state of Florida has taken away the beach for those who like to beach and hang out.
    Can someone please give me other ideas of places to ride? Not picky, a boat ramp and a sandy beach would be perfect. Haulover? S. Miami or perhaps upper keys? Im not real familular with the area so dummy terms would be appreciated (ie ramps, milemarkers, roads etc..). And yes I own a stand-up, love to ride but hours in one shot is wayyyy to much, hence the beach. I appreciate all the help!
    I am kinda in ur shoes but thats only on certan weekends but for the most part like HAZE posted as far as I am aware you can still beach at virginia key, i mean i still hope so atleast. But any other places I can beach local i would like to know my self. I like it but i dont love the long ass drive down to the keys

Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    I was just at Virginia Key and saw a couple skis beached there. Like 10 riding near the area.

+1
    haoulover is good. . (beer can island). . more family oriented than monument island (south beach)

we have sand bars and a couple of islands. . .not much BEACH parking . . but the sand bar is always a fun time !!!

Thumbs down Virginia Key

I was at Virginia Key a few weekends ago and took my parents/Nephew along. I wasn't allowed to beach the ski on the side that faces Crandon Park and they have bouys also that say no boats on them. So I wasn't able to get close to the sand but I did anchor where the bouys were but it was a hike just to get back to the sand.

There are other little spots where some peope beach their boats and skis in the V. Key but the lifeguard would come around in a 4 wheeler and tell them to leave. There seems to be a spot though that's hard to access by land that faces Fisher Island. People also camp out there, I would try that area. I've never had much of issue beaching the ski during the week maybe cuz the lifguards aren't there?

You can always beach the ski at Virginia Beach right next to the bridge that is before getting to Key Biscayne Marina and stay day with the family. The county just open that beach for the jet ski riders. It has a restaurant, bathrooms, benches with barbicues set-ups, and even a DJ that plays music there on Sundays. Also if you walk around that island all the way to the end you can beach your ski there too but you must get there with the ski by water because there is no dropping point in the island and the security wont let you inside the island with a trailer and a jet ski on it. hope this helps. You can always try to go the sand bar next to the key biscayne marina. it is very family oriented also......

Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    You can always beach the ski at Virginia Beach right next to the bridge that is before getting to Key Biscayne Marina and stay day with the family. The county just open that beach for the jet ski riders. It has a restaurant, bathrooms, benches with barbicues set-ups, and even a DJ that plays music there on Sundays. Also if you walk around that island all the way to the end you can beach your ski there too but you must get there with the ski by water because there is no dropping point in the island and the security wont let you inside the island with a trailer and a jet ski on it. hope this helps. You can always try to go the sand bar next to the key biscayne marina. it is very family oriented also......
    Im guessing the place your talking about is right near the bridge on the left? The same side as the SeaQuarium? Im not 100% sure but the south side of the bridge is min wake so you can only ride in the inlet sdie that heads to the open ocean.
    I hear beer can island most weekends is very conjested. Lots of people coming and going? Is there another place to launch other than Haulover?

Any other cool places locally?

Quote Originally Posted by KAWAGREEN View Post
    Im guessing the place your talking about is right near the bridge on the left? The same side as the SeaQuarium? Im not 100% sure but the south side of the bridge is min wake so you can only ride in the inlet sdie that heads to the open ocean.
    I hear beer can island most weekends is very conjested. Lots of people coming and going? Is there another place to launch other than Haulover?

Any other cool places locally?
    no is the opposite side of the seaquarium across the bridge heading to Fisher Island/ or open ocean. to find all the boat ramps google: ( miami boat ramps ) and it will show you all the ramps in Miami...hope this helps..

Runnin low on options, I might try beer can island. Is there another ramp besides Haulover? What time does the island get "full"? I hear Sunday is the busier of the weekend, true?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information