Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

Help out a Fire dept..NJ

Iím a Vol. Fire fighter here in Roselle Park NJ. We have been dealing with flooding last few years. We had a little inflatable boat given to us thatís about a 1 1/2 man boat LOL. We take what we can get. The guys where asking me if I had any contacts for companies that dealt with boats being donated. I have no idea. I have an old PWC trailer Iím donating to modify into a small boat trailer. We are looking for a 10' to 13' aluminum flat bottom boat that anybody is looking to donate. We can write up a receipt for a tax right off!! Please we appreciate any help or leads. Thanks in advance. Lieutenant Frank LaTorre Roselle Park Fire Department. Company 1

+1
    If I had one and up your way! Would do it no problem! Thanks for all you do for us all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02480.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	187720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02481.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	187721  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Some of the PWC brands do equipment donations (entire new PWC + gear) to various water related Police and rescue groups.

Getting Skis for Local law Enforcement

Talk to the other water related services, and to the local PWC and marine dealers. You may be pleasantly surprised by the support available.

+1
    We purposely dump all the water from the top of the hill onto you weirdo valley guys

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRFrank View Post
    ...We are looking for a 10' to 13' aluminum flat bottom boat...
    One of the interesting things about a PWC is that there is no exposed propeller hanging below the bottom of the hull. The jet pump is all tucked up out of the way, with no exposed propeller blades.

With a non-standard small gap protective intake grate a PWC can run in rather shallow water, even with debris. It would not be a speed demon, but it will move fairly well.

A few minor changes to toughen the cooling system (inline water filtering on the cooling lines) and a tough intake grate, and a fairly stock PWC can handle rather poor water quality conditions.

If you need carry capacity in a PWC form factor, the Yamaha SUV is a large (for a PWC) 4 person model, no longer in production. Very stable, lots of equipment storage capacity, and no longer popular so they tend to be inexpensive on the used market.

The water rescue folks often make use of a rescue board, which extends the rescue capacity;

Another possibility would be the SeaDoo Explorer. It is a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) powered by a Seadoo PWC engine and jet pump. Popular as a service dingy for larger yachts and general running around work.
    See attached photos.

There are jet boat shallow river running enthusiasts who run with the hull literally scraping the bottom.

See also this thread;
    Seadoo Challenger for a flood rescue boat?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea-Doo 2002 Explorer RIB 01.jpeg 
Views:	888 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	187735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea-Doo 2002 Explorer RIB 02.jpeg 
Views:	467 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	187736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea-Doo 2002 Explorer RIB 03.jpeg 
Views:	177 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	187737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea-Doo 2002 Explorer RIB 04.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	187738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea-Doo 2002 Explorer RIB 05.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	187739  

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

Awsome

Thanks Lee for that! It very nice to hear when we are apriciated A F/F and I flew out to Atlanta Georgia to drive back a Heavy Rescue truck we had recieved on a grant we had wrote to the state explaining how we had a Rescue truck 23 years old with tools on it 5 years older . None of us could believe it when we recieved a letter back saying we were approved! When it came time for it to come to NJ they offerd us the honor to drive it back, That was a awsome experience. Around here we have NJFMBA union locals. I never really met any IAFF members. Let me tell you Driving back up North we met some of the nicest FF ever. They always stoped us to talk. Invited us out to dinner. Wanted us to stay over at there houses instead of hotels.Real nice guys and gals! K447 Thanks for the info. That seadoo is awsome. Thats a good point too. I forgot to mention that we have to be very careful with a boat motor prop. Mike Thanks for all that water LOL

Thread Information