+1

Would you buy this ski?

2003 GTX Supercharged, 180 hours, mostly salt water. The engine runs great. The red fiberglass is a little sun faded but will clean up ok. The bottom has scratches, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 7 year old hull. Inside the hull, a few of the rivets have corroded and popped (water box strap anchor and one of the fuel tank strap anchors). Everything works though.

If I were to purchase this ski, what kind of problems should I expect? Is $3000 a fair price (with trailer), or would you steer clear of this one?

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    2003 GTX Supercharged, 180 hours, mostly salt water. The engine runs great. The red fiberglass is a little sun faded but will clean up ok. The bottom has scratches, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 7 year old hull. Inside the hull, a few of the rivets have corroded and popped (water box strap anchor and one of the fuel tank strap anchors). Everything works though.

If I were to purchase this ski, what kind of problems should I expect? Is $3000 a fair price (with trailer), or would you steer clear of this one?
    I had a 02. I loved it. I never had any problems with it till the end when I had 200+ hrs on it. Believe it or not I sold that two years ago for about 1500 with a bad cylinder. I highly recomend you do a compression test before you buy. Also how many hrs does it have? Good luck with your choice. This is def the place to ask seadoo ?'s

+1
    that was my last ski....the hrs aren't too bad,but keep in mind,thats a non-intercooled, 185 hp motor, an SCIC 215 motor will walk away from it.

I wouldn't pay more than around $2000 for it...IMO.
    good luck

+1
    The kicker is that I actually bought this ski new, and sold it with 20 hours on the clock to a relative. They recently bought a RXTX, and want to sell this one. I have an RXT (SC-IC 215), and want to add a 2nd one for the wife. The 03 in question is here at the house and I've ridden it a few times, and like I said it runs flawlessly. I'll do a compression check on it tomorrow. What should the cylinders of this 4tec read? I do know that it accelerates just like I remember (almost pulls as hard as the RXT), and tops out right at (maybe slightly above) 60 MPH. All maintenance was done yearly by the dealer, SC was just rebuilt (bearings failed), and I'm told it was rinsed and flushed every time after being used in salt water. I'm kinda shocked and disappointed to see it's only worth about $2000 though. NADA is $3600, and around here, skis are selling well above NADA.

With all the salt water riding you need to know if they flushed it everytime after riding. ya i would give them 2000 also.

+1
    i think 3k is a good price, and I'm a cheap bastard. If your rpms are good then your compression is, imo. make sure its got riva washers from the rebuild.

+1
    dam I just sold a 99 gsx for $3,300....guess im glad I didnt run it in salt water or I would only would have sold it for $1,000. I would think $3,000 for that ski would be great if it runs and your happy with it. Good Luck

Thread Information