Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1

Riva Rideplate and Pump Extension

I have never noticed this before but, on thier site, Riva states that they do not recommend the use of their pump extension in conjunction with their Ride Plate on the RXP. Anybody know why? I am running both. Did also notice that the pump extension is no longer listed. Anybody know why?

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i think they were having drive shaft issues...nd they dont fit together on some years ..grinding nessisary ..ask bigdaddy

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    So drive shaft issues and fitment aside. I have the Riva reduction nozzle and required no grinding of parts to fit etc.

Is it a performance thing? Do they not work well together?, or is it a fact of big horsepower still breaking the lengthened shafts so therefore more a reliability thing. I am curious.

+1
    I have been running a pump extension in salt on a highly modded RXP-X (80+) for over a year an had no issues at all, the first set were recalled for a better shaft. I believe the pump extension and rideplate will not fit because of the length of the pump and angle in the rideplate. Someone here had to grind down the rideplate for it to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    I have been running a pump extension in salt on a highly modded RXP-X (80+) for over a year an had no issues at all, the first set were recalled for a better shaft. I believe the pump extension and rideplate will not fit because of the length of the pump and angle in the rideplate. Someone here had to grind down the rideplate for it to fit.
    That was Big Daddy.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Yep... that was me Here's the thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114325

I'm not sure as to why riva says not to run them together... other than the fact that they in some cases don't F'in bolt up together without modification I had no issues by running the riva pump extension & riva plate (once it was modded to fit). However... I just hated that damn plate and couldn't get that thing off my ski fast enough.

Riva Rideplate and Pump Extension

They say the same thing about the pump wedge.

FWIW: I run the Riva pump extension and ride plate without any clearancing issues. I ended up having to do some clearancing when I tried using the wedge.

Can you guys with the Pump extension care to elaborate on how the ski feels in the chop?? Some say they don't like how it rides with the extension others love how it hooks up i the chop. Just curious on well it hooks up in the chop with an X ski. The FZS feels great and usually comes out on top compared to my X.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR Ed View Post
    Can you guys with the Pump extension care to elaborate on how the ski feels in the chop?? Some say they don't like how it rides with the extension others love how it hooks up i the chop. Just curious on well it hooks up in the chop with an X ski. The FZS feels great and usually comes out on top compared to my X.

it will plant your ski and make it feel like an rxt... I had hard time getting my nose up with it on. hook was pretty darn good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information