question about selling my ski

Well, I am at a time where I could really use some extra money. So as much as im gonna be sad I may be looking to sell my ski. I just dont know if you think it would be more beneficial to me to put back on the stock parts and sell the aftermarket stuff seperate or just sell it all together? Its basically a stage 3 rxp minus the ecu. It has everything else. Does 76 in slightly choppy river water. I payed 6500 for the ski and trailer last year (29 hours on it) and put 4k worth of parts plus 1200 labor into it. I know I wont get near that much back. What do y'all think? How well do used aftermarket parts sell?

+1
    It's been my experience that you're almost always going to come out ahead bringing the vehicle back to stock, and selling the aftermarket parts separately. You may find that one guy looking for exactly what you have, but it's a crapshoot.

+1
    put it back to stock and then part it out.

+1
    i agree, you'll probably sell it faster and won't lose as much if you put it back to stock and sell off the parts.

+1
    It would only be worth your while to part out the ski if you could do all the work yourself...

You said you paid $1200 in labor installing all your aftermarket parts. If you have to pay another $1200 to de-mod the ski then there goes your profit from parting it out. If thats the case i'd leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    It would only be worth your while to part out the ski if you could do all the work yourself...

You said you paid $1200 in labor installing all your aftermarket parts. If you have to pay another $1200 to de-mod the ski then there goes your profit from parting it out. If thats the case i'd leave it as is.
    +1. If you can do the work yourself then by all means part it out. Really makes no sense to pay someone to demod it and then sell the parts.

Thread Information