video of how engine running after carb removal please help

The engine ran fine untill I took the carb apart to clean it. I didn't use any new parts but there in the mail.

It sounds like it studders and the exhaust is louder then it has ever been.

+1
    Hi
    Well the sound is not that good on the video but it sounds like its a little lean and may even have some water getting to the cylinders some how.
    One thing you sure have tons of water coming out of the Hull drain why is that if you running the engine on the hose? do you have a water leak?
    On the carbs when you took them apart did you made notes on where the fuel screws where set at?
    The Exhaust may sound louder because your jet pump is off so you getting more sound that way re-install the jet pump and I think you will find its not that loud.
    If you have new carb parts coming in then go throw the cabs again and double check your fuel screws and all fuel passages.
    Running it on a hose is ok to start it and flush the engine to get salt water out or things like that but running it on a hose to tune it that will never work there is NO load on the engine so I would go back throw the carbs install your new parts, set your fuel screws and take it to a launch ramp and back the ski in the water and run it that way this way you can run the engine up and down in the RPM’s and see what’s up also you can check over you exhaust and water hoses.
    Good Luck

+1
    Yes the Jet pump needs to be in the Ski when you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehavenfun View Post
    Hi
    Well the sound is not that good on the video but it sounds like its a little lean and may even have some water getting to the cylinders some how.
    One thing you sure have tons of water coming out of the Hull drain why is that if you running the engine on the hose? do you have a water leak?
    On the carbs when you took them apart did you made notes on where the fuel screws where set at?
    The Exhaust may sound louder because your jet pump is off so you getting more sound that way re-install the jet pump and I think you will find its not that loud.
    If you have new carb parts coming in then go throw the cabs again and double check your fuel screws and all fuel passages.
    Running it on a hose is ok to start it and flush the engine to get salt water out or things like that but running it on a hose to tune it that will never work there is NO load on the engine so I would go back throw the carbs install your new parts, set your fuel screws and take it to a launch ramp and back the ski in the water and run it that way this way you can run the engine up and down in the RPM’s and see what’s up also you can check over you exhaust and water hoses.
    Good Luck
    I agree, you can get it to run on the trailer, but the real test is in water pump under a load.As far as noise all 2 stroke skis rattle & make excessive noise on the trailer.

Thread Information