05-12-2010, 08:35 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
Done with college now have some money for the gp1200r :)
Ok i have a 2001 gp1200r with a d-plate, and free flow (took out the silencer) exhaust. Im putting an order together. mainly run in the bay salt water, occasionally go in the ocean but looking for top speed and hole shot over handling.
1. Solas concord 14/20 impeller
2. pump seal kit
3. carbon tech reeds
4. R&D Intake Grate
5. a new wear ring
6. riva pump cone
i was also thinking about the Island hole shot kit but still debating.
is the 14/20 the best pitch to run for my setup? what about a solas setback impeller?
which intake grate the r&d dual bar or single aquavein bar.
any specific wear ring?
if anyone has any imput on what else to get best bang for the buck without messing with the cylinder heads please chime in i would appreciate it.
05-13-2010, 10:23 AM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
05-13-2010, 09:09 PM #3
1. don't waste your time with the pump cone. It doesn't do anything. 2. you won't turn a 14/20 impeller with the mods you're listing. Call Island Racing and have them pitch a 14/20 back to what they think will work for your mods, or run a deptiched Nujet 6.5 if you want more top speed with a lesser hole shot.
3. R&D or Riva 800 grate, with one of their ride plates...
4. Never tried the carbon tech reeds on a 66V...I'd use the proven VF3 setup
5. Either a Skat wear ring setup, or the plastic one from Island Racing. The stock one is junk at best.
6. Get a good tach setup...Uplevel Tiny tach or a PET 2100 (best)
7. Spend some time reading this forum...there is a ton of information, with everything you ever wanted to know about GPR performance.
05-13-2010, 10:39 PM #4
Solas 13/19 is the prop you want to run. Welcome to gh.
05-13-2010, 10:47 PM #5
05-14-2010, 09:24 PM #6
05-14-2010, 09:43 PM #7
Your avatar cracks me up, I remember telling stories just like that!
add the HO pump to the list
05-14-2010, 09:54 PM #8
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- South MS
Yeah putting a 14/20 on basically a stock 1200 will make it a slug. Not fun to ride at all.
Actually you might be better off sticking with the stock prop at this point. You can't go wrong with an aftermarket rideplate either. Best money spent for the mph you gain.
I would buy this intake grate if you want holeshot and hook up-
05-15-2010, 08:01 AM #9
damn I am about to change my driveshaft cuz i broke it and picked one up with a solas 14/20 and some local guys are telling me to run it on my all stock 1200 thats i should be good?????
05-15-2010, 09:44 AM #10
The Solas 13/19 is about the best 'all around' prop out there for a lightly moddified GPR or stock. Great bottom/mid/top (for the size of the wheel).
Yeah, you can try stuffing a 14/20 in there but its really too much for a stock motor. NOW, some of the 14/20 'out of the box' are 13/19-13.5/19.5 etc.... In your budget, get your self a tach.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By wakeborder556 in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 33Last Post: 02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
By gotpurp305 in forum Other ToysReplies: 19Last Post: 08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
By RXP-REX in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
By RXP-REX in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 26Last Post: 08-26-2006, 07:53 PM
By Cody Townsend in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2006, 02:54 AM