Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

97 xp fues blowing?

I just picked up this 97 xp 800 and got it running, The vts module is bad keeps blowing the fues so I left it out. When I took the ski out on the water I ran it around for a few min, than when I went wfo for about 10sec it blew the 5a fues second from the bottom. Any ideas ive search a bit on this and some ppl are thinking the epem is bad? Ive had good luck with this site so im asking yall.

Another issue is the pump was missing some parts so I changed it with one I had from a 95 xp are they the same? The reson for asking is when you hit full throttle off the line it seems to be burning the prop or cavitating pretty bad.

Sorry im new to seadoos, It did feel like a very fun ski thow lookn forward to getting it fixed.

Most the time when the mpem fuse blows they are toast. Check all the connections. The 97 xp mpem isnt cheap. As for the vts fuse make shure the motor isnt locked up. If it isnt then you may need a new vts box.

both same pump 140mm

Ok the vts issue is fixed but I changed the epem with another one I had but is still doing the same thing. Any where eles I should be looking all the conectors look fine.

+1
    Usually, the 5 amp fuse blows because either the stator fried or is being shorted out buy a metal shaving. Somtimes, the mpem survives this as that is why the fuse is there in the first place. If you continue to blow the fuse without fixing the problem, then you will fry your mpem. You need to pull the mag cover and clean and inspect the stator before buying a new mpem. It may be okay. But you will curse yourself if you buy a new mpem and fry it as soon as you plug it in because you didn't fix the short.

Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    Usually, the 5 amp fuse blows because either the stator fried or is being shorted out buy a metal shaving. Somtimes, the mpem survives this as that is why the fuse is there in the first place. If you continue to blow the fuse without fixing the problem, then you will fry your mpem. You need to pull the mag cover and clean and inspect the stator before buying a new mpem. It may be okay. But you will curse yourself if you buy a new mpem and fry it as soon as you plug it in because you didn't fix the short.

+1 It's not taking very long to blow the fuse so something is seriously shorted out. Time to break out a meter and get to checking. IMO Bunker has told you the most common cause. You for sure need to quit sticking fuses in it till you find out the root cause.

+1
    He already said he fixed his trim....

Besides I've yet to see verified usage from someone on this board or SDNet using that trim fix setup, not saying it doesn't work, just too many BS'ers out there.

TLR

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by predator2 View Post
    this will fix ya >>>> www.thetrimfix.com
    apparently you either sell this product or own that website since the 4 posts that you have all point to this webpage...keep your BS to PWC yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    apparently you either sell this product or own that website since the 4 posts that you have all point to this webpage...keep your BS to PWC yesterday

Good catch.

I just got through doing one of these , this one turned out to be the VTS blowing the 5 amp fuse, however unplug the voltage regulator and unplug the three yellow wires from the stator going to the regulator, see if that fixes your fuse problem, if it does its time to pull the front cover and take a look at the stator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information