what springs are used with the riva valves?

Hey guys after much troubleshooting I found that the springs that come with the riva parts kit cant be the early red springs or the late model green springs. ski had a bad bog when you nail it up to about 4500-5000 for a couple seconds then would shoot off.

I took the green springs that were a little stiffer than the red springs and I stretched them out about an extra inch on the two valves I could get to easiest thing shot out of the water with almost no bog and now has a small hesitation around 6000 rpm. These were the only two springs I could see that seadoo makes

Maybe does anyone know the length of the riva springs? The green spring is clearly a bit stronger than the small red springs of early seadoo's.

clearly the oem red and green springs must not be the same spring rate riva sells with the parts kit or there is something crazy about my boat.

Now the reason I did not buy the parts kit is because I can get all the seadoo parts for each valve for about $50 at dealer cost. I called riva and they claim they do not sell just the spring so they sent me to the tech line that was busy so I left them a voicemail and they never called back today.

Hope someone can help! Please!

I am finding that there were a few different springs that were used on the waterbox rave valve through the years im wondering if they used one of those that worked well on the 1200/1300 boats... hmm

Well I talked to riva and the parts guy said he thinks they are 420939136 seadoo springs but I have tried those and they seem to be the softest of all the springs... hmmm

well incase anyone searches for this and finds it the answer is 420939136. I put them in and still have a bog for a few seconds out of the gate... wonder if you have to do the island racing holeshot kit or something similar to it to use the riva valves.... hmmm

+1
    Did you adjust the cap ?

Yep 1/2 turn at a time. No change. I have tried 3 different springs

Thread Information