Hi, need a little help..

I have 97ī gp 1200 and iam goeing to buy a new impeller.. itīs quite stock machine and i have read that SOLAS XO would be good to it.. iam not sure what prop there is now, but its cavitates alot and it goes only 86Km/h is that too slow? it accelerates so good that nobody ever pass me while accelerating after that many goes pass me

So iam asking is this solasYD-SC-XO right?? when you guys talk about XO prop.. or is there same XO prop whit different pitches?

Hope you guys understand what i mean itīs only waste of money if i choose wrong new impeller..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tontsa80 View Post
    I have 97ī gp 1200 and iam goeing to buy a new impeller.. itīs quite stock machine and i have read that SOLAS XO would be good to it.. iam not sure what prop there is now, but its cavitates alot and it goes only 86Km/h is that too slow? it accelerates so good that nobody ever pass me while accelerating after that many goes pass me

So iam asking is this solasYD-SC-XO right?? when you guys talk about XO prop.. or is there same XO prop whit different pitches?

Hope you guys understand what i mean itīs only waste of money if i choose wrong new impeller..

Check with 97GPSLEEPER he is one of the local experts on the GP...

+1

The XO is a good prop for a stock or mildly modified GP1200. Also get a service manual. You need to check the impeller to impeller housing clearance. You don't want to put a new impeller in only to find you also need a new impeller housing because the clearance is too big and is causing cavitation.

ok..

Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    The XO is a good prop for a stock or mildly modified GP1200. Also get a service manual. You need to check the impeller to impeller housing clearance. You don't want to put a new impeller in only to find you also need a new impeller housing because the clearance is too big and is causing cavitation.
    Thanks guys it was my plan to get a new housing same time.. i think original housing is veery expensive so i put housing whit replaceable wear ring. have these things worked fine on yamaha?

What you say about my jet speed now? is there a "short" impeller now?

The old impeller is so tight on the axle that i think i must wait till i get right tool to get it out.. there was no marks anyking to see what it is..

+1
    Thanks guys it was my plan to get a new housing same time.. i think original housing is veery expensive so i put housing whit replaceable wear ring. have these things worked fine on yamaha?

What you say about my jet speed now? is there a "short" impeller now?

The old impeller is so tight on the axle that i think i must wait till i get right tool to get it out.. there was no marks anyking to see what it is..
    Some people use the plastic replaceable liner, and like it. I have never tried one.

You do know that the impeller has backwards threads, you turn it to the right to break it loose. You almost always have to use a cheater bar to get leverage to break it loose.

A good running stock 97 should run between 58-60mph. Do you have aftermarket trim tabs?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    Some people use the plastic replaceable liner, and like it. I have never tried one.

You do know that the impeller has backwards threads, you turn it to the right to break it loose. You almost always have to use a cheater bar to get leverage to break it loose.

A good running stock 97 should run between 58-60mph. Do you have aftermarket trim tabs?
    Yes i have the manual so i did know about threads and i have aftermarket trim tabs allso..

I was right that it was alittle slow then i just ordered new solas XO, new pump housing whit (plastic liner), service set on pump (bearings and so on..), and r/d rideplate on offshore use..

Hope i get some speed and less cavitation on these things

+1
    XO is a great impeller it wont come perfectly pitched though,they never do.

help

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    XO is a great impeller it wont come perfectly pitched though,they never do.
    So new impeller and "bad pitching" where to put it right then.. i suppose it is better to do before installing on jet

Iam so new whit these impellers, so i really dont anything about these things.. sorry about my stupid questions..

+1
    I run an XO on my mild 1200 and it runs great...has better low/mid power then a "J" prop by comparsion. If your looking for more top end speed...a solas "J" prop will work if pitched to your engine output HP

M

+1
    I would stay away from a J on a low power ski.
    XO is the way to go.
    Send it to someone to get pitched right.14.5/17.5 pitch will work great on the XO

Thread Information