Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Bilge Pump Save My Axx...........

Hi Guys,

I really want to thanks all the members of this "FORUM" that stated to install a BILGE PUMP on my POS. It save my Ass! I was doing some WOT runs yesterday afternoon and my POS almost sank in the St. Johns River. I really don't know where the water is coming from. I just know was lots of it. I just wanted to let everybody know! If you going to modified your boat(POS) please invest in a good bilge pump and install ASAP. It will save your ski!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I really want to thanks all the members of this "FORUM" that stated to install a BILGE PUMP on my POS. It save my Ass! I was doing some WOT runs yesterday afternoon and my POS almost sank in the St. Johns River. I really don't know where the water is coming from. I just know was lots of it. I just wanted to let everybody know! If you going to modified your boat(POS) please invest in a good bilge pump and install ASAP. It will save your ski!
    What size bilge pump do you have? Single or dual? How long did you have to run to get back to shore? I have dual 500's and luckily have never had to do a real world test with them yet. Glad to hear you got back safely.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Personally... I'd run bilge pumps modded or in a stock ski. All it takes is for one little hose clamp to break... and your up shit creek without a paddle... quickly My bilge pumps saved my ass a few weeks back. Without them... I probably wouldn't have a ski right now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Personally... I'd run bilge pumps modded or in a stock ski. All it takes is for one little hose clamp to break... and your up shit creek without a paddle... quickly My bilge pumps saved my ass a few weeks back. Without them... I probably wouldn't have a ski right now
    Brian,

I took your input and advise and install that bilge pump. I'm just have a single pump. It save my ass and my ski.
    Last edited by Tiburon1264; 05-15-2010 at 11:41 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor215 View Post
    What size bilge pump do you have? Single or dual? How long did you have to run to get back to shore? I have dual 500's and luckily have never had to do a real world test with them yet. Glad to hear you got back safely.
    Taylor,

I have a single and it did a fantastic job in saving my ass and ski. If you have dual you good and hope you never have to use it. You still can make/do a test on your setup. Take the water hose and full the engine compartment just above the pump and make a the test. You want to make sure it works in case you ever need it. I always making sure mine works perfect. YOU NEVER KNOW!

Banned User
    Thanks god u didnt sink Doel, Glad to see ur still floating, I have had to use my 750gph 1 time since it was installed, the carbon seal started to go, i caught it before it went fully and the 750 was enough to keep most of the water out till i got to the dock. Was about a mile from the Dock so i would say nothing smaller then a 750gph if u are only gonna run a single pump, this year I have added a smaller 500gph for backup, and my RXP that i just bought is running a 1100gph.

Yep I know what Im gonna invest in next!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Thanks god u didnt sink Doel, Glad to see ur still floating, I have had to use my 750gph 1 time since it was installed, the carbon seal started to go, i caught it before it went fully and the 750 was enough to keep most of the water out till i got to the dock. Was about a mile from the Dock so i would say nothing smaller then a 750gph if u are only gonna run a single pump, this year I have added a smaller 500gph for backup, and my RXP that i just bought is running a 1100gph.
    Yeah Jonny!
    It was a shity day but thank GOD it didn't sink........ I completed some good runs before got in trouble.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slow07rxp View Post
    Yep I know what Im gonna invest in next!!!
    Good Thinking!
    I'm going send a letter to Seadoo Engineers to install a 750/500gph electric pump in all 2011 models..... I think will be a good idea.

what area u install ? and wire concetion to where ? any picture ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information