Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: oils aint oils!

  1. #1
    prasino thereo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    47

    oils aint oils!

    any1 heard good things bout a new semi-synthetic marine oil on the market made by motul/suzuki???

    http://www.hainessuzukimarine.com.au...ID=12&mainID=0


  2. #2
    settdimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    10
    motul has some great stuff for cars like ester based oils (300v) but this technology suffers from oxidation problems so i dont think they are using this stuff on marine applications. so this looks like your typical semi synth oil. i cant see smth special about it

  3. #3
    prasino thereo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    47
    decided 2 go with castrolpower 1 gps!...... $60 4 litres....

    http://www.castrolmotorcycles.com/index2.html

  4. #4
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    prasino i use and sell valvoline 10w40 durablend $32.00 5lt. btw have you done your pump and other mods yet? or still tempting fate!

    Quote Originally Posted by prasino thereo View Post
    decided 2 go with castrolpower 1 gps!...... $60 4 litres....

    http://www.castrolmotorcycles.com/index2.html

  5. #5
    Gen3Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    158
    I use rotella 5w40 T6 synthetic in my motorcycle.
    Im going to start using it in the ski next oil change.
    It's $19.50 a gallon at the walmart down the street
    It does great in UOA's in the bitog forums
    The T6 is now JASO MA rated

  6. #6
    Mad Kaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    32

    Oil what about filter

    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    prasino i use and sell valvoline 10w40 durablend $32.00 5lt. btw have you done your pump and other mods yet? or still tempting fate!
    Nicjack
    I have a 2009 260x what would you recommend for Oil Filter ????

  7. #7
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    nothing wrong with oem there is a huge list here somewhere of all the other options try searching if you dont like the oem


    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Kaw View Post
    Nicjack
    I have a 2009 260x what would you recommend for Oil Filter ????

  8. #8
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    nothing wrong with oem there is a huge list here somewhere of all the other options try searching if you dont like the oem
    I use a kn-204

    my mate carries them at his motorcycle shop

    $6.00 cant go wrong
    I change my oil and filter every 8-10hrs

    Waz

  9. #9
    prasino thereo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    47
    ok so did the oil change on saturday and went out on sunday thru the heads to cape schanck!....must say the ski has never felt this powerful!...... i guess what they tell u on the bottle is true!....more power and better acceleration!......at the end of the day u get what u pay 4 i guess!..... one thing thou fellas.... have noticed that sometimes after WOT, turn off ski and then go 2 restart, ski seems to idle rough 4 about 20-30 secs then comes good...... any ideas????.....has been doin it 4 a while by the way!..... just learned 2 live with it till now!

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    oils aint oils hey doubt changing your oil has anything to do with the power output..."advertising" its a great tool turning off after a WOT run is a sure fire way of cracking your head best you let it come back to operating tep. before turning it off might save you lots of $$$ in the long run.


    Quote Originally Posted by prasino thereo View Post
    ok so did the oil change on saturday and went out on sunday thru the heads to cape schanck!....must say the ski has never felt this powerful!...... i guess what they tell u on the bottle is true!....more power and better acceleration!......at the end of the day u get what u pay 4 i guess!..... one thing thou fellas.... have noticed that sometimes after WOT, turn off ski and then go 2 restart, ski seems to idle rough 4 about 20-30 secs then comes good...... any ideas????.....has been doin it 4 a while by the way!..... just learned 2 live with it till now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How-To: Oil Change
    By Sunfunzoom in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 08:34 PM
  2. 10 Hrs. on RXP oil change??
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 08:55 AM
  3. Oil Level question , this thing mixes me up :(
    By rxp_boy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 10:03 AM
  4. RXP oil level after 10 hour srv.
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 12:00 AM
  5. I might have a oil leak in the RXP
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 12:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •