Seadoo pics: almost ready for fishin'

after a good amount of research including this site, i've taken the initial steps in prepping the seadoo for fishing.

so, i've added a very cool Humminbird 798C SI (side imaging) gps/FF, and a compact automatic bilge pump.
    I wrestled with the best place to mount the GPS/FF and finally after tinkering and removing some seadoo plastic parts found a great place for it.

What i love about it is not just the location, but that it's solidly mounted (i fab'd some custom heavy duty SS brackets and bolted it to the existing mounting holes that were used to hold the center cushion), the wires very neatly went thru the steering column along with the other existing wires, and the factory cover goes on and off without any hindrance from the gps/ff.

i moved the safety stop lanyard to the right and used the old hole to pass the cables for the gps/ff.

not pictured yet, i installed a toggle switch for the bilge pump (momentary on, off, on) in the glove box (which i found was very easy to remove and did help me ease the access to run wires).

Bilge pump is a Whale super sub 650 automatic. It only turns on when the field sensor detects water or when i manually activate. So, with minimal wasted battery juice, and super compact size, it's perfect for the seadoo. I used a good braid re-inforced clear vinyl 3/4"ID hose to a plastic thru hull that has a nice stainless flange cover to complete that install. Those cheap standard corrugated bilge hoses are horrible.

also not pictured is my transom mounted transducer. I was considering in-hull mount, but that would kill much of the side imaging ability which was a big reason i bought this particular FF.

I'll soon add a chilly bin with rod holders and the transformation with be near complete.

Watch out fish, here i come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010159.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	612.0 KB 
ID:	188063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010161.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	570.8 KB 
ID:	188064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010163.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	686.8 KB 
ID:	188065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010167.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	576.4 KB 
ID:	188066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010168.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	188067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010169.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	589.8 KB 
ID:	188068  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010170.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	591.0 KB 
ID:	188069  

+1
    Outstanding!

Power source for FF/GPS?

Are you using the SeaDoo battery for power or did you put in an aux one?

+1
    That's exactly where I want to mount my new humminbird 385ci ff/gps. I have a foam piece there, did yours? I would sure love to see how your bracket mounts to the bars. You might be completely different from mine as I have the 2007 gti se.

Quote Originally Posted by flash 800 View Post
    That's exactly where I want to mount my new humminbird 385ci ff/gps. I have a foam piece there, did yours? I would sure love to see how your bracket mounts to the bars. You might be completely different from mine as I have the 2007 gti se.
    My centre foam pad is simply bolted in place with 2 sets of fasteners (you'll need 10mm wrench and socket).
    Undo the (6) 1/2" philips head screws holding the lower plastic 'V' shaped molding around the steering bar. you'll need to wiggle it free as it does not just drop down. From underneath you'll see 2 sets of fasteners (bolts with nuts and washers, not sure if they are SS but they have a yellow'ish hue which might be a zinc chromate coating?).

undo these 2 and the centre pad should pop out. I utilized one of these holes used for the centre pad (and actually re-used the fastener set too) to mount the gps/ff. I made the brackets from trimming of scrap heavy sheet stainless steel material that i cut into (2) 1.25" strips approx 4-6" long. Bent the strips into 'L' shape with holes to pass the fastener thru both sets of strips and holes for the fasteners to hold the flush mounting spots for the gps/ff.
    i took some pics of the install but only of the final project. i'll try to sketch it out when i get a chance.
    you could use some heavy flat stock aluminum from the hardware store too (much easier to drill thru).

Quote Originally Posted by CleanLivin View Post
    Are you using the SeaDoo battery for power or did you put in an aux one?
    Unfortunately still using the std. battery.
    if there's a decent way to be able to mount a larger battery in place of the std one, i'd love to know as i'd be much happier and have added peace of mind to not worrying about running out of battery juice and be dead in the water. Or having to re-charge the battery before every fishing adventure day.

ideally i'd like to have a 34M sized AGM to start and ski and run any accessories, but the battery tray's mounting system looks like it would require some serious mods to be able to fit a bigger battery.

i haven't yet, but will calculate the average gps/ff and bilge pump draw and see it's a serious enough draw to warrant changing battery size or packing some back up power.

PS. finally the ice is off the lakes and i've had my first change to take the ski out and test it out.
    I can see why seadoo'ing, jetski, etc is addictive, it's a complete blast! My 155hp GTX wake put a big azz smile on my face! can't image what the RXT or ski's packing 250+hp can do!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoofishr View Post
    Unfortunately still using the std. battery.
    if there's a decent way to be able to mount a larger battery in place of the std one, i'd love to know as i'd be much happier and have added peace of mind to not worrying about running out of battery juice and be dead in the water. Or having to re-charge the battery before every fishing adventure day.

ideally i'd like to have a 34M sized AGM to start and ski and run any accessories, but the battery tray's mounting system looks like it would require some serious mods to be able to fit a bigger battery.

i haven't yet, but will calculate the average gps/ff and bilge pump draw and see it's a serious enough draw to warrant changing battery size or packing some back up power.

PS. finally the ice is off the lakes and i've had my first change to take the ski out and test it out.
    I can see why seadoo'ing, jetski, etc is addictive, it's a complete blast! My 155hp GTX wake put a big azz smile on my face! can't image what the RXT or ski's packing 250+hp can do!
    I don't know if this is doo-able for the fish finder app/mod, but I think it would work; an accessory is an accessory. Read this thread: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92226

There is some discussion about an auxiliary battery being used/stored on top of the stock battery. And there is a manner in which you can connect them to still run 12V while the motor charges both. IDK exactly how it would work, but it might be a worthy read for you guys.

Thread Information