Thread: RXP Mods?

RXP Mods?

I was wondering what mods to go with first on the rxp. I already have the opas blocked off. I was thinking Riva Stage 1, but maybe there is something better that is a better buy?

Im running a riva cold air kit ... a riva top loader grate .. stock prop repitched from impros stage 3 powertune ... the riva s/c imp and the riva BOV and i also took my opas off .. I am very happy now I can run a consistent 71 mph with nearly a full tank of gas and in the 72s on 1/4 tanks with sicking acceleration .. next year i will be doing a solas and intercooler but I am done for now .. maybe the cold air kit this year but that is it ... If you are limited in mods I would do the s/c impellar first .. the acceleration is sick

Acceleration is good, but top speed is better. About how much did all that cost you? And what about the 2 degree wedge?

+1
    From what I'm hearing, and I'd say there's accuracy in consistent reports, the pump wedge seems to be best suited for smooth water conditions. Might even impede speed in chop. But it is nice to have when water is glass...perhaps you could make that your last mod. You can install that when you have your impeller repitch fine tuned the second (or third) time.

What do you mean about getting the impeller repitched? I was gonna just get a solas 14/19 or something like that.

+1
    The out of the box Solas is inconsistent and is better to have it blue printed and balanced and maybe a little more pitch added in it depending on your modification level.

+1
    This is the real question, what mods do you anticipate on doing? I started out thinking I would only do handling type mods and then I started venturing out into the go fast stuff. Now I got the Hulk bug, but I'm not nearly there. I got the 14/19 Solas and this will need to be repitched to match my mods and to fine tune the deficiencies I'm reading through GPS and RPM numbers. I'm now seeing that Riva is advertising new Solas impellers with pitches like 15/20...not sure what pitch is best for what stage of mods yet.

Just some FYI when making that first purchase...and your second, third, and so on.

I was thinking the Riva Stage 1 or somewhere along those lines.

+1
    Sweet kit. After getting the kit installed you'll note your RPM's and if you're done with doing mods then you might consider having the impeller repitched to squeeze out a little more and round off all the kit has to offer. Basically, you want to get the most out of all those mods. Each ski seems to perform differently. Some are faster off the showroom than others - same is true with the impellers.

Thread Information