2001 GP1200r out of storage

I have a 01 1200r with 65 hrs on it. It has been sitting in my parents garage for a couple years while I was away. I tried starting it and it ran pretty rough and of course the battery died. I about to start tearing it down and doing some clean up and tlc. I was inspecting everything and found this.

I guess its the gasket on the pump shoe. I haven't pulled it off yet to see. I remember last time I was on it I know some big hesitation on acceleration and the more I've read on here it sounds like caviatation. This would explain why. I guess I will put a pump seal kit on it. Does this gasket come with it or is that something I will have to track down?

pump shoe

at yamaha when u get the pump seal kit get the gasket and silicone! u might as well do the intake grate to while u take that apart! be carefull of not snaping the bolts cuz then u gotta change the inserts!

Jersey Shore
    Send theevette a PM, he has a new pump plug kit for sale.

I just sent him a PM. Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to mod it more than just a D plate and a seal kit for reliability. I just want to get it running again.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    Alum Creek
    Your gonna mod it, you just don't know it yet

I got ppk, pm if your interested

PM sent. Thanks alot. Now its time to get everything taken apart and cleaned up and get on the lake. Where is the cheapest place to find a battery for these? I found one on Ebay for around $70. Is there anywhere else that can do better?

I have done alot of searching and reading and I've got some conflicting results. Here is my parts list for the next few weeks. I have a ppk, an oil block off plate. I am planning to order a d plate and chip, wave eater clips. I am thinking of pulling the stock FA's and just putting the large one on the factory airbox from island racing. I am going to have the stock carbs off to rebuild anyway. My question is should I go ahead and disable the accel pump and remove the choke plates and rejet to the tried and true set up. I dont really plan on doing a whole lot of high performance mods to it. I just want to get it on the water and enjoy it without worrying about the mid range seize or oil lines coming off. Should this about cover it?

Thread Information