Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Seadoo nostaligia from an obsessed enthusiast

I was what you would say a little obsessed with the 95 xp800 when it was first introduced as the xp785 in early 1995. These are tests and pictures before seadoo decided to call it the 800 and when they rated the horsepower at 100+ instead of the 110 that made to production.Sadly none of these publications exist any longer.Thought I would share these , feel free to ad other pics if anyone else is as nostalgic or as much of a hoarder as me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2426.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	188238  

Thats awesome man.. Yeah, I was super obsessed too. I don't know what it was.. maybe that bright yellow or the idea of a 60MPH ski. All I knew was I couldn't stop looking at that ski. I still have my PWI too. Do you have the PWI issue when they tested it against the other skis? I think I may get a back copy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800X-4rider View Post
    Thats awesome man.. Yeah, I was super obsessed too. I don't know what it was.. maybe that bright yellow or the idea of a 60MPH ski. All I knew was I couldn't stop looking at that ski. I still have my PWI too. Do you have the PWI issue when they tested it against the other skis? I think I may get a back copy.

Yeah I actually am getting ready to post the same thread on the yamaha side with raider 1100 covers. Two of those tested all of the musclecraft. I have every splash, pwi and watercraft world issue as well as a few magazines that were only around for a couple years starting in 94 and going all the way to around 2003. I will post some more later tomorrow. Funny enough we actually bought the raider 1100 that year and didnt get the xp until the 1996 model.

I have a 95XP800 that looks like the day (maybe better) than the day I bought it new. I, like you, was fascinated by these new "in your face yellow" 785 powered skis that were smoking the 1100 Raiders to the first turn. Each of the dealers in my area only got the option to get 1 of these boats since they only made 500 of them. Some of the dealers were getting as much as $1K over list if you wanted one.
    I waited patiently until the end of the 95 season and SeaDoo announced that the 96 standard production XP would be powered with the *787 motor. I was able to get a much better deal on mine by waiting.
    I have a "built" motor and many go-fast goodies in mine. Except for the B/H sponsons & R&D nozzles it appears completely original (pink graphics and all).
    I still prefer this ski over all my other skis (96XP, 99XPL, 2010RXP-X).
    If I get a chance I will post up some pictures.
    Robert V

Quote Originally Posted by s/d-daddy View Post
    I have a 95XP800 that looks like the day (maybe better) than the day I bought it new. I, like you, was fascinated by these new "in your face yellow" 785 powered skis that were smoking the 1100 Raiders to the first turn. Each of the dealers in my area only got the option to get 1 of these boats since they only made 500 of them. Some of the dealers were getting as much as $1K over list if you wanted one.
    I waited patiently until the end of the 95 season and SeaDoo announced that the 96 standard production XP would be powered with the *787 motor. I was able to get a much better deal on mine by waiting.
    I have a "built" motor and many go-fast goodies in mine. Except for the B/H sponsons & R&D nozzles it appears completely original (pink graphics and all).
    I still prefer this ski over all my other skis (96XP, 99XPL, 2010RXP-X).
    If I get a chance I will post up some pictures.
    Robert V
    Please do Robert. I have always wanted a mint XP800 just for show and fun. In fact, it's still my desktop background. Such a pretty ski. After we get into our new house and I finish all my projects.. I'll be looking for one. Hopefully I find one like you own and not some flower pot that needs a ton of work. Your lucky.

Out of curiosity, how does it compare to the 96XP and the RXP-X?

I hope these come out. I have not posted pictures on this board before.
    Robert.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Trailer pic1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	188660

Name:	Jet Ski Trailer pic2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	188661

Name:	100_0354.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	188662

AWESOME!

I need one of these someday. Love it.

IMO best looking Sea-Doo ever. Don't know why.. it just excites me to see it more than any other model.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800X-4rider View Post
    AWESOME!

I need one of these someday. Love it.

IMO best looking Sea-Doo ever. Don't know why.. it just excites me to see it more than any other model.

Same here, even after all those years. BTW those pics make me jealous and a little sick to my stomach

Talk about make you sick to your stomach! I was driving in east Texas the other day and came across 2 Seadoo jet skis on the side of the hwy. I thought that I recognized one of them as a 95XP800, the other was a 98 GSX-L. Both were on the ground under some trees.
    I stopped and inquired at the house if I could look at them. Sure enough, that is exactly what they were. Unfortunetly, they were trashed beyond salvage. There is no telling how long they sat there. I considered trying to buying the XP800, but, there were very few salvagable parts left. What a shame!
    Robert V

+1
    It's amazing how fast time passes... I remember Splash magazine back in the day, used to ride my BMX bike up to the store monthly for that mag. I don't have even one left...after a month they fell apart anyway from reading them over and over again. I had a 96 XP , but the 95 was always more desirable to me. I've always had this strange hope that I would come across one still in the crate stuffed away in a barn somewhere.

I remember reading back about all the racers in those mags back in the day, one of them being Dustin Farthing, I went to look at a double trailer on craigslist and it happened to be Dustin. He's got a shop a few miles away from me. His office was plastered with tons of trophys and framed articles with him everything from Doo's to waveblasters, even had a framed cover of him on Splash magazine. Great guy to talk to, talked to him for a bit about back in the day and the racing he's doin now, small world.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information