Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need help with fitting my Odessy PC625 in the RXP-X

Did I buy the wrong battery? This battery is way too small for the stock mounting brackets for the 2008 RXP-X. I'm thinking now maybe I should have got the PC925.. it looked about the same size of the original stock battery.

Anyways, the PC625 simply just does fit. It's 3cm (approx) too short for the stock bracket properly fit. The base of the battery is about 40% smaller than the original battery.

Anyone else have this problem?

+1
    Here's the batteries dimensions...

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/marinespecs.html

Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    Did I buy the wrong battery? This battery is way too small for the stock mounting brackets for the 2008 RXP-X. I'm thinking now maybe I should have got the PC925.. it looked about the same size of the original stock battery.

Anyways, the PC625 simply just does fit. It's 3cm (approx) too short for the stock bracket properly fit. The base of the battery is about 40% smaller than the original battery.

Anyone else have this problem?
    PC925 thats what i have in the rxpx

+1
    Real easy fix. When I installed mine I pulled out the battery tray and the two 1inch long black stops. I cut them down and it allows the battery brackett to hold the smaller hieght Odey. Or clamp it in place. Just like stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Real easy fix. When I installed mine I pulled out the battery tray and the two 1inch long black stops. I cut them down and it allows the battery brackett to hold the smaller hieght Odey. Or clamp it in place. Just like stock.
    That's not a bad idea... but how do you prevent the base of the battery from sliding around? Without the base bracket, I don't see how secure that could be... hit wrong wave....

isnt the pc625 only a 12v-19a? i was told it s only suitable for 155 seadoos, not the 215 & 255, and that i should get the pc925 for my rxp

any feedback on running the smaller pc625 in a rxp?
    i dont mind fabing a special bracket for it if it saves me almost 10lbs vs stock yuasa
    however can it support a couple of aem bilges?

how about pc925? is it a direct fit for stock bracket & tray? performs as advertised?

which model can fit both my 07 rxp and 09 fzs

thanks

+1
    There is no need to fab anything. All you do is cut down the black stops so the 2 nuts can clamp down the bracket on to the shorter battery. The battery stays put with the rubber base it sits on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PETRUS View Post
    isnt the pc625 only a 12v-19a? i was told it s only suitable for 155 seadoos, not the 215 & 255, and that i should get the pc925 for my rxp

any feedback on running the smaller pc625 in a rxp?
    i dont mind fabing a special bracket for it if it saves me almost 10lbs vs stock yuasa
    however can it support a couple of aem bilges?

how about pc925? is it a direct fit for stock bracket & tray? performs as advertised?

which model can fit both my 07 rxp and 09 fzs

thanks
    After reading more about it, one of the admins on this site had the same battery in his 04 RXP... he stated that if you do a lot of stopping the engine, restart the engine when riding, it drains the reserves quite quickly and doesn't replenish its strength quick enough.

I'd also like to know if the PC925 is a direct fit in the stock bracket and tray.

+1
    water4fire is right on about the bracket, and I am 99% sure that the 925 is to big. The 625 worked for me all last summer, albeit an abreviated one. Besides, you already have the 625, and they warranty it for two years!

OBJ

Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    After reading more about it, one of the admins on this site had the same battery in his 04 RXP... he stated that if you do a lot of stopping the engine, restart the engine when riding, it drains the reserves quite quickly and doesn't replenish its strength quick enough.

I'd also like to know if the PC925 is a direct fit in the stock bracket and tray.

I saw that thread too, that s my concern with the #pc625 as i do a lot of offshore alone, and run a couple of aem bilges in my rxp

I asked Odissey directly and their answer was: #625 fits only the 155 seadoos, #925 fits 215 & 255

check the #925 on their specs chart:
    L6.64xW7.05xH5.04
    26lbs (double the weight of #625)

now compare with stock yuasa #YB30CL-B:
    L6.625" x W5.1875" x H7.5325"
    14.5lbs

not a direct fit! height should be no problem as we can cut bracket mounts or place a layer of thick rubber between battery & tray
    but width is almost 2" more so we ll need to fab a special tray to sit it

anybody already done that? any feedback on #625 vs #925 in a rxp?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information