Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

riva/jet trim splash guard pics?

im having a problem understanding how this should go on, if anyone has some pics of how it looks up close after attached it would be great

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Save it... and zoom in. I'd be glad to take more if needed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3319.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	188252  

i see how the sides are held on but what holds the front part on because there is no rivets around the front? do i just drill holes and put in rivets where they originaly didnt come?

+1
    First of all... once you remove the front bumper & drill out several rivets on the side rails to pull them back... you will need to cut out the bottom of the side rails & front bumper for clearance...then scuff up the hull where it's going to be mounted. Make marks above where the factory rivets and front bumper screws holes are, then using contact cement on both the hull and spray deflector... attach the deflector to the hull. Using 3/16" rivets... 5/8-3/4" long... rivet the deflector to the hull in between all the factory rivets & front screws. Then finally... rivet the side rails back into place, and screw the front bumper back on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    I just mounted mine on the behind the rub rail and never detached the rail from the hul. Inside meaning behind the lip where the top and bottom hull meet.
    How is it attached In that location without pulling the rails... you abviously didn't use any rivets or screws. Without one or the other... I promise you that you'll be pulling that deflector out of your jet pump real soon ...

I just deleted my post, I was reading new post and didnt realize he was installing on a sea-doo was thinking it was for a GPR or XLT, on the yamis I did use both was jsut saying I installed the whole thing behind the lip.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    First of all... once you remove the front bumper & drill out several rivets on the side rails to pull them back... you will need to cut out the bottom of the side rails & front bumper for clearance...then scuff up the hull where it's going to be mounted. Make marks above where the factory rivets and front bumper screws holes are, then using contact cement on both the hull and spray deflector... attach the deflector to the hull. Using 3/16" rivets... 5/8-3/4" long... rivet the deflector to the hull in between all the factory rivets & front screws. Then finally... rivet the side rails back into place, and screw the front bumper back on.
    so you put it between the hull and rub rail?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jake2582 View Post
    so you put it between the hull and rub rail?
    Yes!

+1
    i lost my first one cause i had only riveted it behind the hull instead of in between the hull and rub rail, bought the long ass rivets from the dealer. didnt bother gluing it though and got about 50 hours on it. best thing since sliced bread for not betting splashed all the time

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information