Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Seafair 2010 August 6th - 8th

Like I do every year - I get out on Lake Washington for Seafair weekend. I was wondering if any of the GreenHulk members would like to join up? Let me know!!!

Plan:

Everyone will meet up at the Mercer Island boat launch @ 10am all three days. There is parking up on the hill and no need to pay parking/launch fees.

The best part of this plan - when we return to the launch - we get to watch the boaters drag their boats from the launch with their outboards locked in the down position. It's always good for laughs.

What we are doing is - meeting up at the Mercer Island Boat Launch, going for an 8 mile ride to Andrew's Bay, having Lunch at the floating Coqui Cabana, riding 10 miles back around Mercer Island to the North Side of the I-90 Floating Bridge, watching the Blue Angel's air show, riding 10 miles back around Mercer Island after the show when they open the area behind the Log Boom at the South End of the Hydroplane Race Track, joining the mayhem, having a bunch of fun, and doing it all again the next day.

Seafair/Greenhulk Riders

- Craigo
    - rx4pain
    - sdrider & friends
    - Canadian Swamp King
    - Treaddirt
    -

******************* Mercer Island Boat Launch *******************

Driving Directions:
    • From Westbound I-90 take the East Mercer Way Exit #8

Turn left onto East Mercer Way which takes you over the freeway. Go through the traffic light and take the first left after the light onto the boat launch entry drive. While on the drive, stay to the left and follow the drive under the freeway to the boat launch.
    • From Eastbound I-90 take the East Mercer Way Exit #8

At the stopsign turn right onto East Mercer Way. At the traffic light continue straight on East Mercer Way. Take the first left after the light onto the boat launch entry drive. While on the drive, stay to the left and follow the drive under the freeway to the boat launch.
    * There are alot of places to park on East Mercer Way if you do not wish to pay to launch !!!

Thanks,

Craigo
    Last edited by Craigo; 08-01-2010 at 07:22 PM.

+1
    Absolutely! I usually go on Fridays to see the full Blue Angels practice show to avoid the chaos of the weekend traffic on the water. But if you're a veteran and I can blend with a crew of PWCs then let me know your itinerary!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Absolutely! I usually go on Fridays to see the full Blue Angels practice show to avoid the chaos of the weekend traffic on the water. But if you're a veteran and I can blend with a crew of PWCs then let me know your itinerary!
    Cool.

Yeah, I will come up with a more definate plan as we get closer to August...

I want to see how many people we can get onboard, first. So far there's two of us - a good start.

Craigo

I got a couple more that might want to join up on Friday and or Saturday. Count us in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdrider View Post
    I got a couple more that might want to join up on Friday and or Saturday. Count us in.
    Sweet!!!

Yeah, last year I was out there for all three days!!! I put 15 hours on my RXP and had the best time i've ever had @ Seafair!

+1
    Craigo buddy. Hope you had a good trip home from MudBug. That was a blast, as usual. Bet you won't do that drive again. Brutal eh? (I did it with Huna in '0. SeaFair sounds like a hoot. Might be back from Harrison Lake by then. Got 50' of camper/trailer parking somewhere? I've been trying to re-connect with an old time buddy Tom Harris 3035 - 126 Ave. NE, Bellevue. (no phones working) He lives on his Granny's estate (shown), and his folks have a beautiful house and dock, overlooking the hydro race track. Somebody swing by & tell TomTom to call the molester 604-657-6860. Then we be stylin'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake Washington.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	203276  
    Last edited by Canadian Swamp King; 06-29-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: add

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Swamp King View Post
    Craigo buddy. Hope you had a good trip home from MudBug. That was a blast, as usual. Bet you won't do that drive again. Brutal eh? (I did it with Huna in '0. SeaFair sounds like a hoot. Might be back from Harrison Lake by then. Got 50' of camper/trailer parking somewhere? I've been trying to re-connect with an old time buddy Tom Harris 3035 - 126 Ave. NE, Bellevue. (no phones working) He lives on his Granny's estate (shown), and his folks have a beautiful house and dock, overlooking the hydro race track. Somebody swing by & tell TomTom to call the molester 604-657-6860. Then we be stylin'.
    On the contrary Les, I enjoyed every part of my trip - including every mile I put on my truck. I'm looking forward to next year's Mudbug.

Yeah Les, Seafair is the BIGGEST party on the water. PERIOD. If I were you, I would do whatever it takes to get down here for Seafair Weekend...

The only things you might want to consider before you decide to join us ...

- The lake will be ROCKIN' !!! The chop gets absurd at times and there can be alot of "surf poundin'" and "buckin' bronco" style wake. (mostly right after the Blue Angel's show). There will be hydroplanes racing, loud music, loud aircraft and naked women bow dancing at the log boom.

- If you intend to operate a vessel during Seafair, sobriety is HIGHLY recommended. The cops will only bother you if they suspect that you've been drinking and riding. Seafair weekend is notorious for BUI arrests; they will confiscate your ski and give a citation if you are intoxicated while riding.

Let me know if you can make it and I will go to your buddy Tom's place and let him know you want to get a hold of him, he's only a few minutes away.

Craigo

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    On the contrary Les, I enjoyed every part of my trip - including every mile I put on my truck. I'm looking forward to next year's Mudbug.

Yeah Les, Seafair is the BIGGEST party on the water. PERIOD. If I were you, I would do whatever it takes to get down here for Seafair Weekend...

The only things you might want to consider before you decide to join us ...

- The lake will be ROCKIN' !!! The chop gets absurd at times and there can be alot of "surf poundin'" and "buckin' bronco" style wake. (mostly right after the Blue Angel's show). There will be hydroplanes racing, loud music, loud aircraft and naked women bow dancing at the log boom.

- If you intend to operate a vessel during Seafair, sobriety is HIGHLY recommended. The cops will only bother you if they suspect that you've been drinking and riding. Seafair weekend is notorious for BUI arrests; they will confiscate your ski and give a citation if you are intoxicated while riding.

Let me know if you can make it and I will go to your buddy Tom's place and let him know you want to get a hold of him, he's only a few minutes away.

Craigo
    It takes a special kind of man (nutbar) to do that huge drive alone. I was greatful to have a co-pilot. Are you really going to do that drive again next year?
    Gotta get to Seafair. Let you know before Aug. Where can I securely overnight park my 50' of camper & trailer, if I/we can't find TomTom? Can't reach him or Stormin' Norman for over 10 years.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Swamp King View Post
    It takes a special kind of man (nutbar) to do that huge drive alone. I was greatful to have a co-pilot. Are you really going to do that drive again next year?
    Gotta get to Seafair. Let you know before Aug. Where can I securely overnight park my 50' of camper & trailer, if I/we can't find TomTom? Can't reach him or Stormin' Norman for over 10 years.
    This looks to be your best bet >>> http://www.trailerinnsrv.com/seattle...ies_rates.html

It's only 5 minutes from the Mercer Island boat launch.

Craigo

+1

I'm In For SeaFair!

My Grizzly quad broke, so no long weekend trip to Harrison Lake. That means Thursday night ride tonight, and local ski rides all weekend. Maybe even a 20 Mile Bay Harrison ride on Sat. C'mon up!
    Anyway, switched to smaller, single axel trailer, and ready for Seattle next Friday thru Sunday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information