1996 Kawasaki STS JetSki...Need Advice

I am looking at buying a 1996 Kawasaki STS JetSki. I have no experience with Jetski's. A guy at work has been trying to sell it to me for a month now and has gone from asking $800 now to $600. I went to his house and it starts right up and the hull and seat are in good shape minus some sun fading. Tomorrow I am going to take it for a test ride. I just want to get some second opinions on this machine before I jump into buying it.

1) Is it worth $600 if it rides good?

2) What are some things to look for as problem areas?

3) All stock will it pull a tube or skier (I am 210lbs, Wife is 169.9lbs, and I have normal size 3-1/2 and 2 year old boys).

Any advice or info would be appreciated as I am going to ride it tomorrow morning.

Clearwater Beach
    sounds like a good deal to me just make sure the hull don't have any deep scratches on the bottem of the hull or any major fiberglass damage. take the test drive make sure it runs good besides that u can't go wrong.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Elephant Butte New Mexico

nice deal

if it has a trailer too...take it for a test spin and if it seems good shove $500 in his face and be ready to walk away.

he'll likley take it.

Well I went ahead and got the 750 sts. I took it for a spin first and my buddy clocked me right around 40 mph top speed. It ran great and seems to be in great shape. I now have to get the popup tent pulled off of the trailer I picked up and get a two spot trailer built.

Edit: I just started a thread in the performance section. If you have any advise for me as a starter to the hobby I would apreciate it. Link is below

Thread Information