Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450

    soft limiter .....how much to change?

    hi all ....im hitting rev limiter at WOT..... im planning on doing a ecu remapp soon....so should i go to a 13.25 or just a 13.24?....... if i add 13.25 prop will it slow me down?


    thanks ian


  2. #2
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    If you're planning on doin the R&D reflash I would leave the 13/22 in there until you get it & go from there. The 13/22 seems to be a good starting point with the mods you have + a R&D ecu.

  3. #3
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    If you're planning on doin the R&D reflash I would leave the 13/22 in there until you get it & go from there. The 13/22 seems to be a good starting point with the mods you have + a R&D ecu.
    thanks....but currently im all over the limiter in our nice cold climate..... 7750rpm and big drops in power while at full speed so i need to do something asap and something to make sure i dont go lean


    thanks ian

  4. #4
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    thanks....but currently im all over the limiter in our nice cold climate..... 7750rpm and big drops in power while at full speed so i need to do something asap and something to make sure i dont go lean


    thanks ian
    Well in that case, I think a 13/25 would be too tall for a C1 setup you're better off with a 13/23 or 24.

  5. #5
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450
    cheers mate...is that taking in to account for our cooler temps..... if i were just to got with a ecu remap now and stick with my 13.22 thats currently hitting the limiter.....would rasing the limiter then make this prop ok or would the extra power still make the 13,.22 hit limiter at 8500rpm?


    cheers

  6. #6
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Raising the rev limiter would take you off the rev limiter if that makes sense lol when you do get the ecu, I would stick your 13/22 back in there also.

  7. #7
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    Raising the rev limiter would take you off the rev limiter if that makes sense lol when you do get the ecu, I would stick your 13/22 back in there also.
    +1. i have the r2 reprogramming with a c3 wheel. and i am barely touching 8300 rpms.

  8. #8
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    What pump setup are you running Gordon?

  9. #9
    MR MAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    450
    if it was too tall....what affect would i get?


    thanks

  10. #10
    gmoeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, Calif
    Posts
    1,450
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    if it was too tall....what affect would i get?


    thanks
    You'd get less RPM's....and less top speed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 gtx limited how much to replace impeller?
    By paul.s in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
  2. how much to repair hull/paint
    By jetskier90 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
  3. How much to repitch an impeller?
    By dongee in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 04:41 PM
  4. how hard to change out electrical box
    By sic fish in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 04:01 PM
  5. How much to install RXT riva stage 1?
    By tchfall15 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •