Thread: WMF Watercraft

WMF Watercraft

Funny story here guys, so I figured I would share it with you.

First of all I have been a Yami guy forever , but after multiple rebuilds on my 1200r / 1300r's I decided to move on. I noticed a 2006 RXP for sale in the doo classifieds, and even though I have heard years on tainted tales about them I decided to go for it.

The Ski was for sale at WMF Watercraft and was an ex Monster racing boat. Very nice looking ski still in the classified section. I sent Bill and email ( to which he responded quickly) and then called him. Moments later I was geting him a deposit. I drove the 1 1/2 hours to his shop and met a few guys from the shop. Bill was out doing business, so I finished up the deal and had some nice conversations while they showed me the boat and went over some details. I thought, This is a nice shop, with great guys, I would like to meet Bill. So i waited for awhile until he got back to the shop and realized that Bill was actually a good friend of mine from years ago. We raced cars, and wrenched on them when we were younger.

After both being shocked that we never put two and two together prior, we got into the boat.

Let me say this.. I spent 7 hours at his shop and he went over every detail of this boat with me. We tore into it, and for me, it was like a class on the sea doo brand, as well as the RXP. I was impressed. Not only with the RXP, but with Bill. Even though we were good friends years ago, I learned alot about him.

One of the things I noticed while I was there is that he didnt do this because I was an old friend, but because thats the way he runs his business. He would do that for any of his customers.

It was a pleasure for me to learn something new about friends , and skis and it makes me proud that I did the deal.

Oh yea, I'm impressed with the boat as well. I rode it twice before I left his shop, and I Should have switched years ago!!!

Thanks again Bill, Doug and ED , and I look forward to getting out on the boats with ya this summer.

Will

Very good to hear about a good shop thats within driving distance. They are about 3 hours from here and if I ever get to a task I dont want to do ill go check them out. I saw this ski posted in the classifieds, glad you like it!!

WMF FTW!!! Check the sig.... Bills a real good guy i threw a code on my 04 the normal compass out of range i called him he said im busy as hell but bring her on up, ill take care of it...30 mins later i pull up he backs my ski right in clears my code in about 1 minute...and charged me "next to nothing" ... most dealers would say great ill get to u in about a week and its going to be 99.95 to clear the code....once again wmf ftw!!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdgen327 View Post
    Funny story here guys, so I figured I would share it with you.

First of all I have been a Yami guy forever , but after multiple rebuilds on my 1200r / 1300r's I decided to move on. I noticed a 2006 RXP for sale in the doo classifieds, and even though I have heard years on tainted tales about them I decided to go for it.

The Ski was for sale at WMF Watercraft and was an ex Monster racing boat. Very nice looking ski still in the classified section. I sent Bill and email ( to which he responded quickly) and then called him. Moments later I was geting him a deposit. I drove the 1 1/2 hours to his shop and met a few guys from the shop. Bill was out doing business, so I finished up the deal and had some nice conversations while they showed me the boat and went over some details. I thought, This is a nice shop, with great guys, I would like to meet Bill. So i waited for awhile until he got back to the shop and realized that Bill was actually a good friend of mine from years ago. We raced cars, and wrenched on them when we were younger.

After both being shocked that we never put two and two together prior, we got into the boat.

Let me say this.. I spent 7 hours at his shop and he went over every detail of this boat with me. We tore into it, and for me, it was like a class on the sea doo brand, as well as the RXP. I was impressed. Not only with the RXP, but with Bill. Even though we were good friends years ago, I learned alot about him.

One of the things I noticed while I was there is that he didnt do this because I was an old friend, but because thats the way he runs his business. He would do that for any of his customers.

It was a pleasure for me to learn something new about friends , and skis and it makes me proud that I did the deal.

Oh yea, I'm impressed with the boat as well. I rode it twice before I left his shop, and I Should have switched years ago!!!

Thanks again Bill, Doug and ED , and I look forward to getting out on the boats with ya this summer.

Will

Thanks Will for the very nice write up on me, my employee's, and my business. It was a shock to see you standing there when I showed up!! lol, I am glad to have helped you out and found a old friend I lost contact with!! I will be seeing you on the water this summer and im sure you will be back to buy and get more things done to the RXP, it is addictive.

Thread Information