06 RXP VTS power trim not working

Hi
    Well I have spent a few hours tracing wires to see why my VTS does not work on my 2006 Seadoo RXP. And still no power. I will explain my process of elemination and if someone can shine a little light on the problem I would appreciate it.

I removed the trim motor and connected to a battery, the motor works fine.

Using a test light I connected it to the postive post of the battery because I figured the jet ski uses reverse grounding. The system has power but only works when grounded.

I checked the switch on the handle bars, has power.

Checked the green w/white stripe wire coming from the handle bars, has power when I press the down position on the switch.

Checked the blue w/white stripe wire comining from the handle bars, has power when I press the up position.

There is power going into the black fuse box.

I have no power going back to the trim motor.

Any suggestions?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds as if your VTS relays in the housing are not working properly

BTW... welcome to the forum!

+1
    plug it into buds software at the dealer. it's an option that can be turned on or off and may have come off by fluke

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    as above buds can turn the vts on and off is the trim indicator still showing in the dash and if its not you need to get it activated.
    sometimes with a low battery the ecu drops things that were activated

+1
    Did you check to make sure that the 7.5 amp fuse is good? I had to replace a flooded vts (motor only) last year and that did not fix my issue. I had read about the buds issue but have also read that the black box on the vts housing is also known to go bad. Just last week I took the ski to the dealer ( I cannot say stealership this time) and a very nice service mechanic hooked me up to buds, turned on the vts function, and WALAA, it works! I had had the vts activation done last year at a differant dealer but didn't realize that the vts motor was flooded at that time. If your fuse is good then look to see if your vts gauge is showing at the right side of your instrument cluster. Oh, they only charged $20 for the service!

OBJ

Quote Originally Posted by 8kgold69 View Post
    Hi
    Well I have spent a few hours tracing wires to see why my VTS does not work on my 2006 Seadoo RXP. And still no power. I will explain my process of elemination and if someone can shine a little light on the problem I would appreciate it.

I removed the trim motor and connected to a battery, the motor works fine.

Using a test light I connected it to the postive post of the battery because I figured the jet ski uses reverse grounding. The system has power but only works when grounded.

I checked the switch on the handle bars, has power.

Checked the green w/white stripe wire coming from the handle bars, has power when I press the down position on the switch.

Checked the blue w/white stripe wire comining from the handle bars, has power when I press the up position.

There is power going into the black fuse box.

I have no power going back to the trim motor.

Any suggestions?
    I think there is somthin physically blocking the elec/direct connection here, I agree w/ the other ppl it might be the buds system or a fuse (assuming u traced all the wires, and theres no short circuit)

i had the same problem on my 2007 rxp

check the harness just under the intake manifold there was one wire that hade come apart there on my ski. sorry for my english =)

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will take the ski to the dealer and have it checked. Great forum. Hope I can offer some assistance to someone with a ski problem.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Sounds as if your VTS relays in the housing are not working properly

BTW... welcome to the forum!
    +1 Welcome aboard
    wasnt there a buch of post about the vts going out and it need to be turned off with buds then disc. buds start and kill ski ,hook back up to buds and turn vts on ???---I just remember reading that more than once

Thread Information