Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1999 polaris genesis carborated

Well what a difference thanks to everyone on here carbs rebuilt new pro reeds hit 54mph today at 6700 rpm. But one big problem it only did it with back seat off it ran like a bat outta hell with seat off but with seat on it chocked it down so please help. Is it exhaust leaks like I think or something else? If it is exhaust leaks were can I order all new hoses for a fair price. I am so close to having it at 100% just this issue. Thank you all again for everything.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Strap it to the trailer, back it down the launch ramp, then start it up while still on the trailer and hunt down the exhaust leak.

You can leave the entire seat off, and let it run as long as you need while on the trailer, as long as the jet pump intake is pumping water.

Look and feel around for the leak with the engine running.

I took it home and found a hose broken it was the one that connects the exhaust manifoldto the exhaust it is about 4 3/4 inches id by 2 inches long it was a green hose. Then I noticed that all along the side of it under it all over the place is residue and oil from it being broken for a long time I assume. I really hope that this is the problem just bought this ski a few weeks ago and have done so much already to it someone didnt take care of maintence to well so it"s all new to me. I hope that is what is causing it to run better with the seat off. Also any input on were to get that piece rather quick and I would also like to replace the other hoses if not now soon just in case. Thank you for any input...

+1
    I'm assuming it's hose 7 (HOSE-COUPLER,4.75 ID X 2.13).
    be sure to use a good silicone hose from the likeS of hose techniques.
    Be sure number 5 is clear and that you can blow through it and hear the air going into the pipe.

Hello, I am talking about that hose HOSE-COUPLER,4.75 ID X 2.13 and I looked on hose techniques unable to find that size. I have looked online and it seems near impossible to find that size and length except oem and I am sure thats factory only. Also that hose was broken wide open would that explain the loss of power and water and oil garbage on the bottom of the hull? Also any ideas on were to get the other hoses other than oem I am this far I already did alot to the unit so why not. I am just having a very hard time finding anything especially that hose or an alternative for the hose. Thank You,......

+1
    Call Hose Technique, I'm pretty sure that's where I got it last.
    The split hose would explain the poor running, oil etc.

+1
    A very quick look also found this, I'm sure there are many more suppliers as well.
    http://www.purosil.com/convolutedsmooth.html

Thank you I really appericate that I see that hose listed I am gonna call them in the am do yo think the ridges on the outside of the hose will affect anything? Also any suggestions on replacing the other hoses or were to get them? One more thing I have a question I understand the hose was broken but why when you take the seat off did the peformance come back can"t understand that one. Thank you again for everything...

+1
    Ridges won't matter as the inside is straight and smooth.
    Have you verified the cost of a factory new one versus bulk hose?
    Although you could ask the supplier how much a simple 2 inch piece would be.

On the running with the seat off.
    We breathe oxygen and live, what happens when you breathe exhuast gasses?
    An engine is no different, it needs the oxygen to run not spent gasses.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    ...Be sure number 5 is clear and that you can blow through it and hear the air going into the pipe...
    This is important. The small water hose on the exhaust manifold injects water into the exhaust gasses.

If the water injection flow is blocked by a clogged filter screen or orifice, then the exhaust gases will be too hot for the rubber hoses to handle, and they will fail.

Check the mesh screen if you can, and make sure the flow orifice is clear.

OEM exhaust coupling hoses work just fine, as long as that water injection is working properly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information