Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

07 ultra 250x problem?

hey guys i tried to search found nothing. Well today i was riding and i was doing 70 and when i came off throttle my red light came on and the oil icon came on and also on the bottom said " OILP" what does that mean? I just bought this jet ski 6 days ago have not had a problem. This is the first time. I ran the ski 4 other times with no problems. Now i get this red light and the "OILP" read out. can anyone help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by silversnakesvt View Post
    hey guys i tried to search found nothing. Well today i was riding and i was doing 70 and when i came off throttle my red light came on and the oil icon came on and also on the bottom said " OILP" what does that mean? I just bought this jet ski 6 days ago have not had a problem. This is the first time. I ran the ski 4 other times with no problems. Now i get this red light and the "OILP" read out. can anyone help with this?

OilP= Low oil pressure.

Check your oil level.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    OilP= Low oil pressure.

Check your oil level.

oil level looked fine. I dont know whats up.

Hmmmm go run it sofly then.

You may want to take it to the dealer and have check oil pressure to insure that the oil pump is producing 64psi of oil pressure.

Is under a warranty?

+1
    low oil pressure for me = water in oil plus what skip says check under your filler cap for moisture happend everytime i went WOT with my rooted head

Hmmmm go run it sofly then.

You may want to take it to the dealer and have check oil pressure to insure that the oil pump is producing 64psi of oil pressure.

Is under a warranty?

no warranty that i know of its a 2007?

how much will that all run me for them to check the oil pressure, and to change the oil?

Try and change the oil and make sure the oil level is up with fresh oil. Check old oil for milky color. Also take from timing cover off when oil drained out. Check the magnetic sensor for metal shavings. It will often collect there if there is motor damage.

Run it again and report back. Need be, you might want to bring it by my place in Orlando.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Try and change the oil and make sure the oil level is up with fresh oil. Check old oil for milky color. Also take from timing cover off when oil drained out. Check the magnetic sensor for metal shavings. It will often collect there if there is motor damage.

Run it again and report back. Need be, you might want to bring it by my place in Orlando.
    Skipp Stop inviting strange men you just met on the net over to your place it makes you seem .......Well lets just say

But silversnakesvt if you are unsure take the drive and possibly save your engine

im guessing you have a shop? I wanna bring it somewhere tomorrow. I gotta be in orlando tomorrow anyway.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information