Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I cant figure this thing out please help

I have a customers 07 f12x that has been in salt water and not properly maintained. When i got it the wastegate was stuck closed, so i replace it with another wastegate. My actuator looks pretty good and works, with putting air with my air compressor to it. I dont know what psi opens it since i use the compressor, but i dont think that is my problem. My problem is the ski keeps throwing codes. It had several codes in it and i cleared the computer and tested it now that i knew my wastegate is working. After my test with the cleared ecm the codes it gave me were 7,7,8. Well i checked the ECT sensor and it ohmed crazy so i changed the sensor with a brand new one from honda. Put the sensor in, cleaned all connections, which look great, and cleared the computer and went to the lake to test. And same problem it threw codes 7,7,8. I then took my computer out of my 05 f12x and put it in the 07. Lake test it and the same codes come up, so that to me eliminates the computer. I check the voltage and ground on the ect plug and it check out good. The TP sensor pink wire and green/yell check good, but the light green wire on the tp i can not get to check for continuity to a ground like the books says it should. Would the light green wire also cause the ect sensor to mess up? Any ideas? Should i replace the entire wire harness? Help please Tim

+1
    8psi actuator? ..most are 11-12...

actuator

The psi of the actuator i thought was 8 but would that throw a code for the ect and tp?

+1
    Do you have the service manual? They have been posted on here and PWCTODAY.com before. It covers doing an electrical test of the sensors. Be sure and check your peak battery voltage as your rectifier/regulator could be going bad. The wastegate begins opening at 8 PSI.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Unfortunately watercraft service manuals and other copyright material is not allowed to be posted on GH.

Some OEMs have already expressed some concern as to this, so don't do it.

The Waste gate actuator is a 8PSI model and does not send any codes to the ECU. The TP sensor should ohm out correctly if not, that's a problem.

Shawn

no luck yet

I worked on the thing all night last night. I pulled wires checked and rechecked. Everything on both sensors that i have a problem on are checking out perfectly. I check voltage and resistance on the etc(electronic temp control) on side of block and it is fine. The TP sensor all the wires check out properly(i thought i had a problem with one of them a couple of nights ago but i didnt i just wasnt checking it correctly. The only thing i havent checked is the output of the tp sensor. I think you have to have a coupling block at the ecm to check the tp sensor. One thing last night i found is that the battery is a little sluggish. It only had 12.03 volts. And my ground wire on the battery was a little loose. Think that would cause the problems? I cleaned everything and put the ski back together last night and charging the battery. I am going to try and test it this evening. After that i dont know where to turn, i guess since the computer of both skis are causing the same problems i will work on changing the wiring harness. Thanks Tim

manual

Oh and by the way i do have a manual and have been working out of it. Thanks Tim

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Most TP sensors work off of a 0-5V signal. The Honda is no different.

The TP output should be about .4-.6V at idle and 4.4-4.6v at full throttle opening. There should be no dead spots in between when rising up or down.

The center lug is the ground be sure to trace it to the ground junction then to the chassis ground for good continuity.

The TP sensor is pretty robust and normally does not fail, corrosion however is always a problem to look for on Skis and electrical components.

Shawn

Tested and no progress yet

i went and tested the ski again tonight after putting everything back together and charging the batt all night but got the same problems. Now the battery has 12.5 volts output. The thing cranks and turns over fast so i doubt it is the battery but i am gonna change it tommorrow with another one i have. Also since i have my 05 that has no problems it will be easier to jerk the voltage reg off and put it on this ski than it will be to test the voltage like mentioned. I rode it and it threw the code, then i pulled the lanyard, let it reset and then just idled to the trailer so it didnt throw the limp mode again. When i got home i read the codes 7,7,8,7,7,8,7,7,7,8,7,7,8
    Why would the codes do the 778 then go three sevens and an 8? Then i let it sit for a few minutes and pulled the lanyard out with my jumper wire in and got the codes 77778778. Why would the order change and be so repetitive? Is that the number of times the sensor tripped. A little thought of mine since my ecm doesnt seem to be bad(my other does the same problems), could the problem be in the meter? I had a ski that i had to change the meter on because it would come on and off at random. Or think i need a new wire harness first? I havent messed with the frame wire harness should I with my problem? Thanks Tim

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarepoman View Post
    i went and tested the ski again tonight after putting everything back together and charging the batt all night but got the same problems. Now the battery has 12.5 volts output. The thing cranks and turns over fast so i doubt it is the battery but i am gonna change it tommorrow with another one i have. Also since i have my 05 that has no problems it will be easier to jerk the voltage reg off and put it on this ski than it will be to test the voltage like mentioned. I rode it and it threw the code, then i pulled the lanyard, let it reset and then just idled to the trailer so it didnt throw the limp mode again. When i got home i read the codes 7,7,8,7,7,8,7,7,7,8,7,7,8
    Why would the codes do the 778 then go three sevens and an 8? Then i let it sit for a few minutes and pulled the lanyard out with my jumper wire in and got the codes 77778778. Why would the order change and be so repetitive? Is that the number of times the sensor tripped. A little thought of mine since my ecm doesnt seem to be bad(my other does the same problems), could the problem be in the meter? I had a ski that i had to change the meter on because it would come on and off at random. Or think i need a new wire harness first? I havent messed with the frame wire harness should I with my problem? Thanks Tim

Try a known working ECU, or OHM the wires out from the Throttle position sensor back to the ECU main plug, also check your coolant temp wires as well, I think it could be a glitch in the ECU

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information