Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Large Engine in 1100

    Did anyone put a large engine in a 1100 wave raider. 4 Stroke or 2 stroke


  2. #2
    Mpeavler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Posts
    5,155
    +1
    170
    I've got a GP1200 "65U" engine in mine which you can as well. Another forum member Mark Bacon put a roughly stroked 1300CC engine in his with tripple pipes...and was sold to Pilo on the boards.

    I've not seen anyone put a 4 stoke on one yet....

    M

  3. #3
    Is your 1200 stock and what # are you running with it.

    How can i get in a hold of these guys?

  4. #4
    Mpeavler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Posts
    5,155
    +1
    170
    1. No mine is not stock however, it's a very rec porting set up and will run 67-68mph on pump gas fuel which is what the GP1300R's run ...so your taking an old school ski running with the last generation of the GPR's ..."stock of course".

    2. You can convert your ski over....just buy the Electrical, Carbs and Cylinder from a 65U engine. This is not to costly.

    3. Stock Raider makes 110hp...stock 65U engine makes 135hp

    Right now...without a single shim in mine...and full fuel and stupid rich the ski runs 66mph all day long. If you shim the plate, run it lower on fuel and with it leaned out as needed...it shoud run 68mph

    M

  5. #5
    Mpeavler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Posts
    5,155
    +1
    170
    BTW...

    44 Carbs = $200-$250 ish for used carbs
    Intake Manifold = $100-$150 for used
    Electrical system = $200-$400 for used
    Cylinder = $150-$200 for used
    Head = $100-$200 for used

    You have to also consider you will likely need to bore the cylinder and get a fresh top end inside...along with gaskets. Porting is $600 fom Woody.....$800 for Tim Judge

    M

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    BTW...

    44 Carbs = $200-$250 ish for used carbs
    Intake Manifold = $100-$150 for used
    Electrical system = $200-$400 for used
    Cylinder = $150-$200 for used
    Head = $100-$200 for used

    You have to also consider you will likely need to bore the cylinder and get a fresh top end inside...along with gaskets. Porting is $600 fom Woody.....$800 for Tim Judge

    M
    Who can help me with a bolt on system i have all electrical and intake from a 1200 here. everything ready done?

  7. #7
    Mpeavler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Posts
    5,155
    +1
    170
    So...

    44 carbs x 3
    Cylinder x 1
    Head x 1
    Gaskets

    You can use the stock exhuast..from the Raider...just be sure to buy the Raider "exhuast" gasket...as it let's more water through then the 65U does. Post a WTB thread....I'm sure you can get the missing parts. You can Fab the mounting pins for the Ebox on the back wall with something like Delrin pins like I have. Get your 65U cylinder bored, honed and ready along with your new slugs. You will need to drill the cases and put 2 extra pulse line fittings in for the carbs which is not a big deal. All of your needed parts can come from Riva Racing etc.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    So...

    44 carbs x 3
    Cylinder x 1
    Head x 1
    Gaskets

    You can use the stock exhuast..from the Raider...just be sure to buy the Raider "exhuast" gasket...as it let's more water through then the 65U does. Post a WTB thread....I'm sure you can get the missing parts. You can Fab the mounting pins for the Ebox on the back wall with something like Delrin pins like I have. Get your 65U cylinder bored, honed and ready along with your new slugs. You will need to drill the cases and put 2 extra pulse line fittings in for the carbs which is not a big deal. All of your needed parts can come from Riva Racing etc.
    Anyone willing to give me a step by step or compleet engine

  9. #9
    Mpeavler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Posts
    5,155
    +1
    170
    Most of this is pretty straight forward as long as you have basic tools etc. Where are you located? I would gather up your parts both used and old and once completed, you can determine your next route. Are you planning on keeping it bone stock? Again, I would get all the missing parts you will need and go ahead and pull your 63M engine once your ready.

    M

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Most of this is pretty straight forward as long as you have basic tools etc. Where are you located? I would gather up your parts both used and old and once completed, you can determine your next route. Are you planning on keeping it bone stock? Again, I would get all the missing parts you will need and go ahead and pull your 63M engine once your ready.

    M

    I'm in South America (Suriname).

    I dont want to send stuff up and down thats why i'm looking for someone who can help me with a bolt on compleet ported ready engine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Exhaust in engine compartment 1100 Venture
    By macio in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 07:38 PM
  2. 1100 waveraider engine in 1997 GP1200 hull
    By Kirdog in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
  3. 1100 waveraider engine in GP1200 hull
    By Kirdog in forum Yamaha Projects & Build Threads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 11:26 AM
  4. 1100 engine in 900 zxi?
    By aksobe in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 08:51 AM
  5. I dropped my engine in today
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 06:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •