Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Large Engine in 1100

Did anyone put a large engine in a 1100 wave raider. 4 Stroke or 2 stroke

+1
    I've got a GP1200 "65U" engine in mine which you can as well. Another forum member Mark Bacon put a roughly stroked 1300CC engine in his with tripple pipes...and was sold to Pilo on the boards.

I've not seen anyone put a 4 stoke on one yet....

M

Is your 1200 stock and what # are you running with it.

How can i get in a hold of these guys?

+1
    1. No mine is not stock however, it's a very rec porting set up and will run 67-68mph on pump gas fuel which is what the GP1300R's run ...so your taking an old school ski running with the last generation of the GPR's ..."stock of course".

2. You can convert your ski over....just buy the Electrical, Carbs and Cylinder from a 65U engine. This is not to costly.

3. Stock Raider makes 110hp...stock 65U engine makes 135hp

Right now...without a single shim in mine...and full fuel and stupid rich the ski runs 66mph all day long. If you shim the plate, run it lower on fuel and with it leaned out as needed...it shoud run 68mph

M

+1
    BTW...

44 Carbs = $200-$250 ish for used carbs
    Intake Manifold = $100-$150 for used
    Electrical system = $200-$400 for used
    Cylinder = $150-$200 for used
    Head = $100-$200 for used

You have to also consider you will likely need to bore the cylinder and get a fresh top end inside...along with gaskets. Porting is $600 fom Woody.....$800 for Tim Judge

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    BTW...

44 Carbs = $200-$250 ish for used carbs
    Intake Manifold = $100-$150 for used
    Electrical system = $200-$400 for used
    Cylinder = $150-$200 for used
    Head = $100-$200 for used

You have to also consider you will likely need to bore the cylinder and get a fresh top end inside...along with gaskets. Porting is $600 fom Woody.....$800 for Tim Judge

M
    Who can help me with a bolt on system i have all electrical and intake from a 1200 here. everything ready done?

+1
    So...

44 carbs x 3
    Cylinder x 1
    Head x 1
    Gaskets

You can use the stock exhuast..from the Raider...just be sure to buy the Raider "exhuast" gasket...as it let's more water through then the 65U does. Post a WTB thread....I'm sure you can get the missing parts. You can Fab the mounting pins for the Ebox on the back wall with something like Delrin pins like I have. Get your 65U cylinder bored, honed and ready along with your new slugs. You will need to drill the cases and put 2 extra pulse line fittings in for the carbs which is not a big deal. All of your needed parts can come from Riva Racing etc.

So...

44 carbs x 3
    Cylinder x 1
    Head x 1
    Gaskets

You can use the stock exhuast..from the Raider...just be sure to buy the Raider "exhuast" gasket...as it let's more water through then the 65U does. Post a WTB thread....I'm sure you can get the missing parts. You can Fab the mounting pins for the Ebox on the back wall with something like Delrin pins like I have. Get your 65U cylinder bored, honed and ready along with your new slugs. You will need to drill the cases and put 2 extra pulse line fittings in for the carbs which is not a big deal. All of your needed parts can come from Riva Racing etc.
    Anyone willing to give me a step by step or compleet engine

+1
    Most of this is pretty straight forward as long as you have basic tools etc. Where are you located? I would gather up your parts both used and old and once completed, you can determine your next route. Are you planning on keeping it bone stock? Again, I would get all the missing parts you will need and go ahead and pull your 63M engine once your ready.

M

Most of this is pretty straight forward as long as you have basic tools etc. Where are you located? I would gather up your parts both used and old and once completed, you can determine your next route. Are you planning on keeping it bone stock? Again, I would get all the missing parts you will need and go ahead and pull your 63M engine once your ready.

M

I'm in South America (Suriname).

I dont want to send stuff up and down thats why i'm looking for someone who can help me with a bolt on compleet ported ready engine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information