Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation I think i'm in trouble

Hi guys

My 95 SLT doesnt want to start......My school mate drained the batterie and they boosted the ski with a running car....i know it's not recommended but dont know why? they got it running and everything but the next day it didn't wanted. i know the boosting thing made my battery go bad but does the amps comming from the boosting vehicule might have blown my electrical?

If it did blow my electrical, what would it be, i think there'S a stator and the CDI would both go bad? or just one or the other.

I'M going to test the stator tonight but some input would be appreciated.

sorry i failed to say that i do have spark and the ski has an apparant air bubble in the gaz line.

thanx.

+1
    if you have good spark then i doubt its a electrical issuse.. if it startedbackup after you jumped it.. i would assume itwould have fried and not started..

jumping a ski is bad becasue a vehicles juice is to much for the electrical to handle on the skis..

check your fuel system.. if you have a air bubble.. then thats might be one of your issues.. also check to make sure the pulse line didnt get knocked off while youguys where inthere oryouhave any holes in the line..

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Install a new battery. No more jumping from a car.

If they drained the battery, then the old battery was weak already, or the ski has a problem (hard starting, or no battery charging).

Remove and clean the connections at both ends of both heavy battery cables.

Clean up the fuel system. If the fuel lines are original, replace them all. Also clean up the fuel selector valve, replace the internal O-ring and lightly grease it.

Make sure the are no air leaks in the fuel system between fuel tank and fuel pump.

If the carbs have not been serviced recently, now would be a good time to pull them off and rebuild them.

Make sure the correct spark plugs are installed.

Polaris Fuji (blue) engine

thanks alot guys

Everything thing as been done last year, new stator, fuel lines, triple fuel pump etc etc,

only thing is i'm wondering if it's normal to have an air bubble in the fuel line? maybe the gaz was low and it sucked up some aire and now i have to bleed it?

i think i'll put a hand hand bilge pump somewhere in the gaz line to eleminate that bubble, check the stator then try with another CDI.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by movs View Post
    ...Everything thing as been done last year, new stator, fuel lines, triple fuel pump etc etc,

only thing is i'm wondering if it's normal to have an air bubble in the fuel line?...
    You can not assume that EVERYTHING was done to clean up the fuel system, nor can you assume that it was done correctly.

I suggest that YOU need to check things yourself.

Start with the fuel selector valve. Many people don't bather to check it, and it can allow air into the fuel flow (which is not good).

Also check the fuel/water separator for air leaks.

Normally the fuel pump clears air bubbles out of the fuel lines fairly quickly.

In your case the engine is not starting, so you need to check everything yourself.

Find the pulse hose between fuel pump and crankcase. Make sure they are good, no leaks or kinks.

You can temporarily install a fuel PRIMER bulb (not bilge pump) between the fuel pump and the selector valve. Squeeze the primer while watching the air bubbles. If they keep coming, then you need to find and fix the air leak.

+1
    no its not normal for air bubbles to be in the lines..

this is what i would do.. get a new battery.. check for spark

then fill with gas and crank.. if no fire then take a little 40:1 premix down the carbs and fire.. it will run for a bit then shut it down.. no longer then ten seconds with no water.. if you can do this at a boat ramp this would be the best.. or if you can hook it to a water hose.. but no more then two mins on a hose..

this is to prime the lines.. what i did to prime mine as well, is to take plugs out choke on and crank with throttle held open.. but this was used for getting fuel to new lines that had nothing in them

+1
    for got one thing.. check your filter in your water seporator.. if its in upside down it will give you issues.

Ok

your right i should go over everything again.

i crank it for maybe a total of like 20 min in two day to get the bubble going but it just got a bit bigger. so yeah there might be an air leak altho 70% of the lines are new. ( everything from the selector valve to the engine.)

K447, you think it might restrict my fuel flow too much if i Leave the PRIMER bulb on there?

Ryandi, how long did you have to crank for your lines to fill up? did you unhooked the lines from the carbs while doing it or you left them on?

+1
    Ok

your right i should go over everything again.

i crank it for maybe a total of like 20 min in two day to get the bubble going but it just got a bit bigger. so yeah there might be an air leak altho 70% of the lines are new. ( everything from the selector valve to the engine.)

K447, you think it might restrict my fuel flow too much if i Leave the PRIMER bulb on there?

Ryandi, how long did you have to crank for your lines to fill up? did you unhooked the lines from the carbs while doing it or you left them on?

its pretty fast... once you put some pre mix in the carbs it should be pretty much primed by the time you shut it off..

keep the lines hooked to the carbs

edit.. replace all the lines.. even the ones inthe tank if you have them..

+1
    ...i crank it for maybe a total of like 20 min in two day to get the bubble going but it just got a bit bigger.

...altho 70% of the lines are new. (everything from the selector valve to the engine.)

K447, you think it might restrict my fuel flow too much if i Leave the PRIMER bulb on there?..
    When the fuel system is working properly, the lines will prime in a handful of seconds, give or take.

Replace the rest of the fuel lines, check that the correct connections have be made at the fuel tank. The fittings are not all the same inside the tank, so it is important to get them connected correctly.

Check cylinder compression, especially the PTO cylinder. Make sure the pulse hose is good from fuel pump to crank case nipple.

Make sure all the hoses are connected to the correct nipples on the fuel pump.

Once you have fixed whatever the problem(s) are with the fuel system, you will not need the primer bulb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information