+1

Alligator Attacks Swimmer at Moss Park

Daytime attack too

forget about sharks at the beach,
    Orlando shows why are our lakes are safer...

Orange County Swimmer Recovering
    from Alligator Attack at Moss Park

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...156126&catid=4

+1
    i will never ride in a lake in down there. alligators will come right out of the water and get you if they want to eat you. HELL NO. i saw this thing on the discovery channel about how high a gator can jump out of the water you would be pretty surprised. they can come out of the water all the way up to there tail strait up.

i dont think a shark would jump out of the water to get someone on a ski but a alligator would

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    i dont think a shark would jump out of the water to get someone on a ski but a alligator would
    psst-sharks will knock you off your boat,then eat you-IF they are hungry.
    bring a tarpon into the boat away from a hammerhead and that biotch will bump the hull (translating to "give me my play toy back")
    i have seen sharks chase turtles just to bite them once till they stop moving then they swim off without eating them(like cats with lizards)
    also been on a boat that a shark bite the prop IN GEAR -stalling the motor(18 foot boat 50+ miles off/closer to cuba then the US -weird/scary 5 minutes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    i will never ride in a lake in down there. alligators will come right out of the water and get you if they want to eat you. HELL NO...
    yeah, but they don't eat much...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    psst-sharks will knock you off your boat,then eat you-IF they are hungry.
    bring a tarpon into the boat away from a hammerhead and that biotch will bump the hull (translating to "give me my play toy back")
    I have seen those big Hammerheads taking those tarpon off the lines on the Boca Tournament TV show, amazing stuff!!! personally I think this guy should have cut the line and let this tarpon go, see video here:

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I have seen those big Hammerheads taking those tarpon off the lines on the Boca Tournament TV show, amazing stuff!!! personally I think this guy should have cut the line and let this tarpon go, see video here:
    as weird as it sounds,the tarpon stands a better chance of living by getting boated and moved away..i have seen more released tarpon pounded on then on my line..seen a shark cut the line and demolish the worn out fish ..we dont even release in the same area we boat them,fish on deck livewell hose in the mouth,hammer down for a mile then we regaff in the lip and tow him for 15 min-till it about jerks me overboard ,then hes good to go
    Hammerheads are the least shy shark out there,i scared 1 away from me with my patened(sp) "little girl scream" when 1 creeped up behind me drifting on a ski spotting tarpon-he looked at me like a gummy bear-hence the scream-hahhahaah

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    as weird as it sounds,the tarpon stands a better chance of living by getting boated and moved away..i have seen more released tarpon pounded on then on my line..seen a shark cut the line and demolish the worn out fish ..we dont even release in the same area we boat them,fish on deck livewell hose in the mouth,hammer down for a mile then we regaff in the lip and tow him for 15 min-till it about jerks me overboard ,then hes good to go
    Excellent! Yeah that's the way to do it, unfortunately a lot of people don't take the time to do that and they get chomped. I really want to do some more tarpon fishing in the Keys soon, we have hooked some real monsters under the bridges. That school around Robbies Marina is insane! Anyone who has never fed the giant tarpon at Robbie's take your kids and do this:
    http://www.robbies.com/tarpon.htm

Thread Information