Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Did someone want to go to Port Jeff?

I thought I remembered reading it somewhere...

Steve and I were discussing yesterday maybe riding the housy and going there for lunch then coming back. Is there any interest? The sound is still a bit chilly but I think its do-able. Besides, I know there was someone who really wanted to go..

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    I thought I remembered reading it somewhere...

Steve and I were discussing yesterday maybe riding the housy and going there for lunch then coming back. Is there any interest? The sound is still a bit chilly but I think its do-able. Besides, I know there was someone who really wanted to go..

I'm in....Saturday or Sunday?
    MAtt and I were discussing it yesterday as well.

+1
    i might be in, i dont have a wet suit so im a little worried but i should be in.

Ocean state job lot gets wet suits in all the time cheap.

My going is contingent upon getting the conversion dialed in. For those of you who werent there on Saturday, I had a kinked cooling hose which caused the ski to overheat. Fortunately, I was only about 1/4 mile from the ramp when it happened. Unfortunately, limping back in caused the temp sensor in the waterbox to melt and popped a cooling hose on the J-pipe. I went through everything yesterday and fixed it but the ski is still not dialed in. Im going to try to get out for an hour on thurs to test AFR and dial it in assuming someone can go out with me. If all goes well, Im in. We should obviously shoot for whatever the warmer day is.
    Ideally, Id like to ride my RXP across the sound and not the conversion but the steering cable is frozen and I also took the parts off of it to fix the conversion.. so the rxp is going to be down for a week or two while i order the parts it needs

Does anyone know where to go? Where to dock? etc.

+1
    james, i know you get out of work somewhat early. if you cant find someone to ride with thursday take the trip up to rocky hill and ill go out there with you. I just wont be able to drive down your area before it gets dark. But im down to ride rockyhill again since its 5 mins from my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post

Does anyone know where to go? Where to dock? etc.
    Otto is who led us last year. I feel 70% confident in doing it. Not that difficult on a clear day.....

There are a few landmarks to use going to and coming back. In Port jeff, I know where the re-fueling station is and one spot to beach. There are other places to eat/dock from what I hear..

ANy Otto sightings?

Ok. so lets see how the weather develops. I have not heard from otto in a long time.. I guess his business is booming. If so, good for him. Hope he is ok.

Otto is fine, he just don't get on here much. He asked to let him know when we're riding though.

I'm sure anyone could go across the sound with a GPS... just need to punch in the coords for Port Jeff and follow the arrow.

I'd feel confident that we can make it to Port Jeff and back, if not there is something wrong with us.
    I will not be wearing a wetsuit as I do not own one and don't plan on buying one.

I'll ride with you on Thursday James, it gotta be later in the day though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information