Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Help...swapping hulls. GTX to RXP Updated 5/22/10 Swap is in and pics are up!

Ok so heres the deal i have a 06 seadoo GTX 155 n/a 1503 that the hull has delaminated so, i purchased a 05 rxp from ANDY LOHR. the rxp is missing the engine, electrics, wireing harness, driveshaft, pump, ecu bla bla bla... ski should be here tomorrow... that being said i have a complete running 06 155 na gtx that im going to pull the engine, electrics, wiring harness, driveshaft pump ecu ect. from and swap to make the rxp a 05 155 na ski..(please if you don't have anything to say thats helpfull then don't post ...Ex "why would you ever put a 155 in a rxp")
    I guess what im asking is am i going to run into any huge problems? ex... driveshaft wrong lenght. wireing harness won't work. pump will not bolt on. ect... i know that i will have to mount some things in different locations but is there any MAJOR problems that im going to runn into???
    Last edited by b_dolla44; 05-22-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: year of RXP was incorrect.

+1
    driveshaft will be wrong lenght and youll need an RXP prop, diff pitch, you might have wiring harness issues cause the RXP electronics mount up in front of the tank along w the battery, i think the 3 seaters stuff mounts between the engine and tank

Well.. you will need an RXP driveshaft and a 155 rxp prop but im sure you know that.

Are the gauges the same size or similar? The gauges, ecu, and mpem are married. You may have to modify the hood to fit the gtx cluster...

+1
    ok, so whats different about the driveshaft? im guessing it's the lenght.. . but is the spline count the same.?
    im guessing thats why you said i would need a driveshaft and prop. so if it's the spline. i will need a rxp 155 na prop? because the pich on a regular rxp prop would be wrong.

+1
    cool project...Meeper has it right. Most of the three seater connections are closer than in an RXP.

I dont think you will be able to turn an RXP prop though. You will be better off to reptich the one you have.

+1
    ok... so it's not like the GTX prop won't go on the "new rxp drive shaft" Spline count is the same????? if so it just might be the wrong pitch to move the rxp at the correct RPMS....????

+1
    I bet most of us have never seen the 155 driveshaft BUT... If you look @ the parts diagram the 155 and 215 use the same one.

The RXT and RXP props are interchangeable so you will be fine.

+1
    haha..... im sure most haven't seen many 155 parts but thats what i have to work with.... plan is to get the ski up and running with the 155 plant for this season, and over the winter pull it apart for a piston swap and some head work, then its time to start fabbing the turbo set up. But for now i must worry about getting this together. i'll get some pics of the carnage on the gtx hull and might try to get some step by step pics of the conversion....
    If anyone else has some advice to make my life easier as i do this please fell free to fill me in... This is my first time really tearing into a PWC but i have been building jeeps, drag cars, motorcycles and so on for years... should be fun!

+1
    You will have to figure out the vts also. There are threads on guys adding to a gtx

+1
    VTS will not be used because im using the GTX pump and nozzel... im thinking the driveshaft from the GTX will work because im using the GTX pump....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information