1100ZXI timing advance?

Question for you Kawi guys, is it true that by connecting the two wires for the overheat sensor you get a 3 degree advance in timing up to 5K rpm? I read this by I have not been able to confirm. Also, I looked at my overheat sensore and while it has two wires, there is a separate libe that has a white end on it. What is this?

Thanks in advance.

Scottie

I have heard this as well but I have not been able to confirm it. I read though also you have to put some resistor between the two wires. I have not tried it but it is what I have read as well. I don't think you are going to get 5K rpm out of this. I think it is less then 1K rpm. I can run over 7K rpm without this mod which gets me up to 60 on the dream-o-meter but I always have a ride plate and intake grate which scubs some speed.

What I meant about the 5K comment was I was told it gave you advance UP TO 5000rpm, then it retarded back to stock timing. Not adding 5K rpm.

I wish someone could confirm this, cause I don't want to be the test pilot, lol.

Scottie

Be good on the bottom end, but it is the top end where you need the advance. 4K and you are already on the high circuit.

I want the timing advance for bottom end, this is going in a closed course SXR. I am not the lease bit worried about top end. Guess I should have mentioned that earlier. Sorry.

Scottie

If you are looking for throttle response on the bottom end you might benefit more from Carbon Fiber reeds. I don't know much about this mod but in normal engine physics. The amount of mechanical advance is dependent solely on the speed at which the distributor is rotating. In this sense it would be the stator since you don't have a distributor. In a 2-stroke engine, this is the same as engine RPM. In a 4-stroke engine, this is half the engine RPM. So based on a 4-stroke I know at a 8 degree advance you are only going to gain 35 extra RPM's through the 2000-4800 band. So you can only assume at 3 degrees the gain is going to be minimal.

Thread Information