Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PC Experts

Question PC Experts

Ok guys I need ur advice/opinions:

I have a Dell Studio XPS M1340 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate & every now & then it just freezes. Most of the time if I let it sit 1~3 mins it will recover. I viewed the dump logs & everything points to Adobe Flash Player so I uninstalled & reinstalled but the problem still persists. Most of the time I have some Facebook games running but I just don't think that's the problem. I also have a Dell Dimension desktop runing Windows XP PRO & cannot seem to duplicate this problem. However, the games run really slow because it just doesn’t have the needed memory.

My son has a model 1330 running Vista & his does the same thing. Most of the time he's on Facebook but not playing games.

My laptop is still under warranty but I have not consulted with Dell yet. I do have a background in computers but mainly BASIC & COBOL programming.

Appreciate any input,
    Rob

No input?

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    i have some imput but you may not like it.. get a mac

+1
    Try running the facebook apps in a different web browser and see if the problem persists. I like firefox but chrome is just as good or better.

Moderated
    sounds like a driver issue to me but hey what do i know.

remove flash and see if it still does it to rule it out, it is a massive cpu big the last few versions and facebook is monkey as written java code. have you updated your java engine?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Facebook and Zynga Games operate on a fix on the fly mentality. They seem to have a hard time keeping their content stable across all the different browsers. One day IE is perfect and FF sucks and then the next day it is the other way around. I don't think it's the computer at all. It is basically the Flash timing out while waiting on the information. After a few minutes Flash gives up or the rest of the packets arrive and it starts responding again. That's why you are able to resume after a few minutes. I also be it is more prevalent during certain times of the day. In the morning when everyone is getting on FB after waking up and in the evening after everyone gets home from work.

The reason it doesn't happen on XP is probably because that platform isn't running the latest program engines and drivers so some of the bells and whistles aren't present but is more stable.

Try a different browser such as chrome and see if you still have issues. I bet 99.999 it is not your PC.

Also, going Mac will not fix flash issues as Steve Jobs says most OS X crashes are caused by Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdude35 View Post
    i have some imput but you may not like it.. get a mac
    Ur right...I don't like it . The new MacBooks r nice though...I'll give ya that .

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    Try running the facebook apps in a different web browser and see if the problem persists. I like firefox but chrome is just as good or better.
    Tried FF Chrome & same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    sounds like a driver issue to me but hey what do i know.

remove flash and see if it still does it to rule it out, it is a massive cpu big the last few versions and facebook is monkey as written java code. have you updated your java engine?
    Updated all drivers, reinstalled Adobe FP 2 or 3 times & Java is UTD as well...Same thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information