Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

do i need bigger injectors? or anything else

hey guys i have an 07 rxp and im putting an rxpx supercharger on it. i also have a riva pro series impeller and housing on order just for that bit extra which i have been told is a decent upgrade for it. but i was reading on the site i need bigger injectors is this recommended? or is there anything else i should put on to avoid damage to the ski? the ski is completely stock.
    thanks in advance
    troy

+1
    You need 42's for your setup

you will also need a bigger prop, prob 14/19 or 15/20

Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    You need 42's for your setup
    richrxp it says on the site i will need to run 50's would it matter that much?

Quote Originally Posted by troy.89 View Post
    hey guys i have an 07 rxp and im putting an rxpx supercharger on it. i also have a riva pro series impeller and housing on order just for that bit extra which i have been told is a decent upgrade for it. but i was reading on the site i need bigger injectors is this recommended? or is there anything else i should put on to avoid damage to the ski? the ski is completely stock.
    thanks in advance
    troy
    Everyone on here is going to recommend you just stick 42 lbs injectors on with the stock X charger. By going with the Riva impeller upgrade as well you are then going to have to throw more mods at it. The regulars on here will no doubt give you a list of things you will need to further upgrade. I personally think you should just stick with the stock X charger for now and even then its going to need a bigger prop. Be warned, anything above this and its gunna get expensive!!

Cheers

Chris.

+1
    Because you are adding the impeller upgrade you have to run a RRFPR. You cant run 50's wihtout taking fuel away on the bottom. When you see adding 50's that is for the X ski's that have a different ECU.

42's. Why dont you just add the GenII SC wheel to your ski, I have an 07 rxp and just put that wheel in and it runs great!! Fizzle Intercooler, 15/20 prop maybe?

WOW there are so many different setups it can drive you crazy. I have done so much reading on here it can make your head spin. I had a XPL before and the mods I got from Bens mod list made it run great. Now moving to a 4 stroke it seems even more complicated. I understand from reading that the X ECU jumps the voltage to the fuel pump up to something like 14 volts to give it more fuel pressure correct? PLus the X model has the bigger charger and bigger injectors and probably a bigger prop. Is there any other differences? It seems like you can get by with bigger injectors but isnt there something like a power commander on my Hayabusa that can add more fuel all the way threw the RPM range?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    WOW there are so many different setups it can drive you crazy. I have done so much reading on here it can make your head spin. I had a XPL before and the mods I got from Bens mod list made it run great. Now moving to a 4 stroke it seems even more complicated. I understand from reading that the X ECU jumps the voltage to the fuel pump up to something like 14 volts to give it more fuel pressure correct? PLus the X model has the bigger charger and bigger injectors and probably a bigger prop. Is there any other differences? It seems like you can get by with bigger injectors but isnt there something like a power commander on my Hayabusa that can add more fuel all the way threw the RPM range?
    You can get a rude fuel controller that will control fuel throughout RPM range
    you will need 50lb injectors

Banned User
    That setup is very similar to the setup i have on my RXP, u will need atleast 48's with that setup and strongly advise a Wideband setup to monitor ur fuel and air, i didnt run one at first and was so rich i was losing power, anything more then a stock X charger on a non X boat u will need to start monitoring air/fuel mix or u might blow it up, that riva pro setup is almost 13psi.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information