750 intake manifolds

As I've been reading threads I noticed that there are different intake manifolds for the 750.
    1st off: what I have, has a single nipple/hose barb at the pto cylinder for the auto cock which has been removed and capped.
    2nd: is what I have only seen in pictures, three nipples and 3 oil injection fittings. One each for each cylinder.
    Is one manifold better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    As I've been reading threads I noticed that there are different intake manifolds for the 750.
    1st off: what I have, has a single nipple/hose barb at the pto cylinder for the auto cock which has been removed and capped.
    2nd: is what I have only seen in pictures, three nipples and 3 oil injection fittings. One each for each cylinder.
    Is one manifold better than the other?
    The Manifold you mention has two nipples on every cylinder, one is for the oil line, the other is a check valve. Ive recently switched to pre mix & pulled oil tank, oil pump, the last issue was what to do, to manifold cap w/boots or find a 95 750 manifold that has no injection port at all.Ive gone with the later. I just wasnt sure about boots Im trying to avoid as many chances air leaks as possible.Also the hose below the pto cylinder is your pulse port
    once removed from the autocock that hose should be connected to your fuel pump.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Neither is better than the other. It's just 1 will work better in certain situations than the other.

Some had the oil injection built into the Flame Arrestor. So if you wanted to install aftermarket FA's, you'd have to go premix or use another intake. The one with the fittings on the intake manifold would work great for that.

But if you have the oil injection fittings built into the carbs, then the manifold without the fittings would be preferred. Less chance for a problem.

Thread Information