Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxt is 260 - break in

Hey guys my ski arrived today; my dealer programmed both keys to 42mph so as to keep covered in case something goes wrong since warranty can be invalidated if used at high speed during break in.

I have no problems with this however the manual says that you should give it WOT for a few seconds.

What should I do?

Also another question, is there an attachment for towing available, i might tow it behind a sailing boat at times....

Cheers!

+1
    If you continue with your dealers break in procedure, you can not fully break the engine in. How can you break in the rings without brief transients to WOT? Your dealer has no clue........

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Do not run the learner keys! They shut down one of the cylinders. Run the Normal Key and follow the directions. The computer will limit your RPM's during the first few hours.

He did give me the yellow key but it is programmed to be limited to 42mph!

I will ask him to remove it..i think i can handle being careful without any restrictions!!.....he probably did this because many people would not resist after a few hours and then come back with a claim!

Thanks Guys....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ac1980 View Post
    He did give me the yellow key but it is programmed to be limited to 42mph!

I will ask him to remove it..i think i can handle being careful without any restrictions!!.....he probably did this because many people would not resist after a few hours and then come back with a claim!

Thanks Guys....
    Yes! Make sure you use the yellow key during break in and DO run WOT for just a few seconds every 5 minutes or so. Also do not tow the ski behind any vessel going more than 10 mph. If over 10 mph you will need to clamp off the intake hose.

Well he is giving me the yellow key but it is limited to 42 mph....So this is the issue really. I will most probably have it removed.

With regards to towing, what does clamping off the intake hose require on an IS? is it something that can be done from the outside of the ski?

Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    Yes! Make sure you use the yellow key during break in and DO run WOT for just a few seconds every 5 minutes or so. Also do not tow the ski behind any vessel going more than 10 mph. If over 10 mph you will need to clamp off the intake hose.

+1
    have a key reprogrammed for normal use, the ecu takes care of the break-in anyways. just follow the advice here.

Yeah i'm gonna do that....you should have seen the look on the dealers face, it was like i was saying something crazy by asking for a regular one.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    have a key reprogrammed for normal use, the ecu takes care of the break-in anyways. just follow the advice here.

+1
    This is an example of how it boggles my mind that some dealers are so clueless on the products they sell. I suppose thats what happens when most motorcycle guys sell watercraft.

When I bought my RXT I pretty much had to show the salesman where everything was on the craft. Basic things like where the fire extinguisher was etc... But the best one was I had to explain what closed loop was .

Hehehe no its not that bad a case here, actually the guy is a mechanic who has been selling, working and racing on Seadoos for ages. He has also been trained by Seadoo. This is why i sought a second opinion on greenhulk since the guy knows what he is doing.

However the manual never lies and it does day to open it up for short WOT'S! For me it is no problem whatsoever, I just wanna do it properly.

On the otherhand I know a yamaha dealer who has no clue of the model names or specs let alone! beat that!!

Thanks for all your input appreciated.

If anyone has an idea of what the clamping procedure for towing is please let me know!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    This is an example of how it boggles my mind that some dealers are so clueless on the products they sell. I suppose thats what happens when most motorcycle guys sell watercraft.

When I bought my RXT I pretty much had to show the salesman where everything was on the craft. Basic things like where the fire extinguisher was etc... But the best one was I had to explain what closed loop was .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information