Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: gprxp jumping

gprxp jumping

Can a gprxp be setup for jumping boat wakes at all?? or is it just a go fast/race type of ski?

Thanks

I retract my statement. I really dont have enough experience on GPRs to make the call.
    I pulled the trigger on that comment a little too quickly. I was a seadoo rider for nearly a decade and all of my wave jumping is riding XPs and XPLs and thats what I was comparing the GPR to. Clearly, its not a fair comparison.
    I didnt own a GPR until a year ago and all of my experience was riding friends' GPRs over the years. I never had really had much success pulling them out of the water (compared to my XPs) and my ankles often smashed into the sides of the hull making it uncomfortable.
    Maybe TJ is right and I just dont know how to ride them. I can accept the criticism. The guys in this section of the forum have infinitely more experience riding GPRs than I do.

As for my conversion- will I jump it? No. I have too much time and money invested in it to damage it and its not what I built it for. Ill ride my XP instead.
    Its sad.. the 8' ski is a thing of the past. They will never build another 'jumping' ski (sitdown) again...
    Last edited by caliburst; 05-20-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    This has been debated many times on this forum. I personally think that the GPR is a terrible wave jumping hull. Not only does it need a large wave to get out of the water, your ankles and shins smash into the side of it because it is wide. If you want to go wave jumping, buy an older seadoo XP or a stand up.
    Thanks thats what I thought. I have 4 standups all ready I'm just debating whether I should sell my 2 gp1200's (those skis are fun to throw around) to fund a gprxp

Part out one of them and keep the hull.
    GL.

Part out one of them and keep the hull.
    GL.
    they're gp's not gpr's....I've yet to see a rxp engine in a gp hull completed

I didnt read that carefully, sorry.
    A guy on our beach has a GP1200 and it shoots out of the water. That appears to be a good jumping hull from what I have observed.
    Last edited by caliburst; 05-20-2010 at 07:14 AM.

r-12x is a good wave jumper. My 2 cents.

+1
    This has been debated many times on this forum. I personally think that the GPR is a terrible wave jumping hull. Not only does it need a large wave to get out of the water, your ankles and shins smash into the side of it because it is wide. If you want to go wave jumping, buy an older seadoo XP or a stand up.

YOUR AN IDIOT... YOUR INFORMATION IS FALSE... GPR hulls are great for jumping waves IF you know how to ride them...

+1
    Wave jumping is fine with the GPR hull IMO. The SD motor wieghs a little less then the 2stroke with its single pipe and has a lower center of gravity so it might actually be better in conversion form.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    YOUR AN IDIOT... YOUR INFORMATION IS FALSE... GPR hulls are great for jumping waves IF you know how to ride them...
    +1 I used to get BIG air on my old ski. (2007 GPR)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information