Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Some good results on Hulks washers

Results are as follows;

Race one; 55 min. Clutches set @ 143 in. lbs

After; 49 in. lbs And they still performed at 49 in. lbs!!!!!!

Race Two; 30 min. Clutches set @ 167 in. lbs

After; 107 in. lbs

These washers we're better than anything I've tried! And they finished each race in 2 ft washboard conditions W/O letting off the throttle AT ALL! 27 ski's on the line should tell anyone how rough it was skipping over the top of the waves at 70 mph for 55 minutes, acel. and decel.

The last 3 sets I've tried have failed in all but one race and didn't make it the second day. 4 different sets of washers,by 4 different suppliers AND ONLY ONE set lasted 2 days and are still servicable. HULKS

Quote Originally Posted by jawz
    Results are as follows;

Race one; 55 min. Clutches set @ 143 in. lbs

After; 49 in. lbs And they still performed at 49 in. lbs!!!!!!

Race Two; 30 min. Clutches set @ 167 in. lbs

After; 107 in. lbs

These washers we're better than anything I've tried! And they finished each race in 2 ft washboard conditions W/O letting off the throttle AT ALL! 27 ski's on the line should tell anyone how rough it was skipping over the top of the waves at 70 mph for 55 minutes, acel. and decel.

The last 3 sets I've tried have failed in all but one race and didn't make it the second day. 4 different sets of washers,by 4 different suppliers AND ONLY ONE set lasted 2 days and are still servicable. HULKS
    Well thats good to know i just put them in my 06 RXP but havnt ridden it with them in there yet. I was scared to pound on it when i had the ceramics in there now im glad ill be able to ride around with a piece of mind.

SeaDoocer
    Can't wait, I ordered mine and am putting them in this weekend!

+1
    Thats very good to know Jawz. Thanks for the input.

I have a 04 RXP with 50 hours on it, and it has never had the SC rebuilt. The rpms top out at 7950-8000. I was thinking about rebuilding the SC over the winter just for peace of mind even though it seems to run ok. Would you guys recommend doing this? Also, does the kit 881-946 come with everything to rebuild to 06 specs? Does it come with ceramic or metal washers? If ceramic, are these better than the ceramic ones that are original in the SC now? If I can get the SC out, what should I expect the dealer to charge labor wise to rebuild? Any recommendations in the DFW area for this? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by prholley
    I have a 04 RXP with 50 hours on it, and it has never had the SC rebuilt. The rpms top out at 7950-8000. I was thinking about rebuilding the SC over the winter just for peace of mind even though it seems to run ok. Would you guys recommend doing this? Also, does the kit 881-946 come with everything to rebuild to 06 specs? Does it come with ceramic or metal washers? If ceramic, are these better than the ceramic ones that are original in the SC now? If I can get the SC out, what should I expect the dealer to charge labor wise to rebuild? Any recommendations in the DFW area for this? Thanks for your help!
    Don't let the dealer touch the SCer, see what someone here (who has experience, like Jerry) will charge and then ship it to them.

The advantage of these washers over the ceramic is that the metal clutches will NOT explode and ruin your engine.

+1
    The new kit would come with everything you need including the latest and "best" version of ceramic washers (supposedly better than what your '04 has in it now). @ 50 hrs. I wouldn't go for the whole rebuild- just pull it out and put the metal washers in. Next season if you put on another 50 hrs. then I would rebuild the whole thing.

+1
    As vman said, the rebuild kit comes with everything you need. Just toss the ceramics in the garbage and replace them with the metal washers for a bullet proof SC.

I charge $75 to do the complete rebuild and that includes return shipping of your supercharger.

Thanks!
    Jerry

+1
    ONLY $75?

+1
    Yep, i have had plenty of practice so its a breeze for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information