Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vladivostok, Russia
    Posts
    65
    +1
    1

    my FZS CC project

    First of all, I would like to express how much I appreciate how this forum and all of guys helped me throughout my FZS project. So many technical info and tricks here, I had zero problems building my yamaha, even though this is pretty much new for me. Thanks again, reading posts here helped me a lot! And special thank you to Jerry, it was pleasure to work with you and I'm looking forward to buying even more from store in near future!

    Anyway, here is my story: I used to have fun with my GP1300R last 3 years, but never even tried to participate in competitions - racing season is short here (I live in Russia, Far eastern part of it to be exact) and I was focusing on auto dragracing, leaving myself little time to do any serious play with aquabiking. It all changed last year, I got tired of dragracing after 8 years and decided to do smth new and more exciting. Left my GP1300R for ocean wavejumping and bought FZS to built a ski to compete in CC competitions.

    Here is what I have installed for now:

    - RIVA/ViPEC ECU
    - RIVA Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit
    - RIVA Engine Breather Upgrade Kit
    - RIVA SHO / FZ Performance Power Filter Kit
    - R&D Adjustable Ride Plate For FZR / FZS
    - R&D Pump Seal Kit for R&D FZ intake grate
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Power Cooler Kit
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Power Cooler Blow-off Valve Kit
    - RIVA 02 Sensor Kit/LC1 module for ViPEC ECU
    - RIVA Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit
    - R&D YAMAHA FZR/FZS AQUAVEIN INTAKE GRATE
    - R&D YAMAHA SHO/FZR ENGINE / INTERCOOLER COOLING KIT
    - 1000cc Injectors
    - 3bar Map sensor
    - RIVA Heavy Duty Supercharger Shaft Kit
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ E1 Supercharger Impeller
    - RIVA FZR/FZS Billet Mirror Block Off's
    - RIVA SHO / FZR Pro-Series Sponson Kit
    - Seat Cover, YAM FZS, Black/Red/Silver
    - R&D SHO/FZR Auto Trim Nozzle Kit
    - R&D SHO/FZR VTS Quick Shift Ca m Kit
    - Riva FZR/FZS Rear Exhaust Kit
    - 13/23 Skat Trak Swirl Impeller
    - R&D SHO Anti-Cavitation Cone
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Pro-Series Reduction Nozzle
    - Vbox Lite Video logger

    Took about 1 week of lazy work and FZS is finally fired up. Right out of shop and no tweaking to ride plate or nozzle (with 86mm ring installed), little more than half throttle (I have yet to get used to this beast, way to much for me for now) - 78 mph/h.

    Some video from the testing session:



    As you can hear, there is so much cavitation on launch, this is what I plan to fix with 12vane Skat-trak pump and 160mm 13/23 impeller, Jerry kindly supplied. First local competitions will be in two weeks and I still have time to tune and tweak.

    Anyway, I'm so excited and looking forward to compete. I do not set my expectations high however, I understand that my rookie season most likely will be tough. Still, having this wonderful machine makes me feel wonderful! Wish me a good luck and I will keep you updated with my project (there will be more upgrades for sure as I get comfortable with it) and results.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    kingwood,texas
    Posts
    526
    +1
    1

    RPMs

    what kinda rpms are u doing? what all adjustments do u plan?

  3. #3
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    First of all, I would like to express how much I appreciate how this forum and all of guys helped me throughout my FZS project. So many technical info and tricks here, I had zero problems building my yamaha, even though this is pretty much new for me. Thanks again, reading posts here helped me a lot! And special thank you to Jerry, it was pleasure to work with you and I'm looking forward to buying even more from store in near future!

    Anyway, here is my story: I used to have fun with my GP1300R last 3 years, but never even tried to participate in competitions - racing season is short here (I live in Russia, Far eastern part of it to be exact) and I was focusing on auto dragracing, leaving myself little time to do any serious play with aquabiking. It all changed last year, I got tired of dragracing after 8 years and decided to do smth new and more exciting. Left my GP1300R for ocean wavejumping and bought FZS to built a ski to compete in CC competitions.

    Here is what I have installed for now:

    - RIVA/ViPEC ECU
    - RIVA Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit
    - RIVA Engine Breather Upgrade Kit
    - RIVA SHO / FZ Performance Power Filter Kit
    - R&D Adjustable Ride Plate For FZR / FZS
    - R&D Pump Seal Kit for R&D FZ intake grate
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Power Cooler Kit
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Power Cooler Blow-off Valve Kit
    - RIVA 02 Sensor Kit/LC1 module for ViPEC ECU
    - RIVA Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit
    - R&D YAMAHA FZR/FZS AQUAVEIN INTAKE GRATE
    - R&D YAMAHA SHO/FZR ENGINE / INTERCOOLER COOLING KIT
    - 1000cc Injectors
    - 3bar Map sensor
    - RIVA Heavy Duty Supercharger Shaft Kit
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ E1 Supercharger Impeller
    - RIVA FZR/FZS Billet Mirror Block Off's
    - RIVA SHO / FZR Pro-Series Sponson Kit
    - Seat Cover, YAM FZS, Black/Red/Silver
    - R&D SHO/FZR Auto Trim Nozzle Kit
    - R&D SHO/FZR VTS Quick Shift Ca m Kit
    - Riva FZR/FZS Rear Exhaust Kit
    - 13/23 Skat Trak Swirl Impeller
    - R&D SHO Anti-Cavitation Cone
    - RIVA FX-SHO/FZ Pro-Series Reduction Nozzle
    - Vbox Lite Video logger

    Took about 1 week of lazy work and FZS is finally fired up. Right out of shop and no tweaking to ride plate or nozzle (with 86mm ring installed), little more than half throttle (I have yet to get used to this beast, way to much for me for now) - 78 mph/h.

    Some video from the testing session:



    As you can hear, there is so much cavitation on launch, this is what I plan to fix with 12vane Skat-trak pump and 160mm 13/23 impeller, Jerry kindly supplied. First local competitions will be in two weeks and I still have time to tune and tweak.

    Anyway, I'm so excited and looking forward to compete. I do not set my expectations high however, I understand that my rookie season most likely will be tough. Still, having this wonderful machine makes me feel wonderful! Wish me a good luck and I will keep you updated with my project (there will be more upgrades for sure as I get comfortable with it) and results.
    Wow.....great project....

    well...ur definitely in the right hands with Jerry.....and yes.....hook-up has to be your focus now as your ski, with all that power, is unhooking alot. What is ur trim set at and what fuel level are you at in the vid? How r u positioning ur self on the ski during throttling?

    Lookin forward to your results with the new pump/prop....keep us posted.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vladivostok, Russia
    Posts
    65
    +1
    1
    limiter set at 8800 now, but i saw as high as 9000 in logs, which I'm not happy about.

    As for adjustments - obviously I will play with ECU maps, pump gas we have here is smth you have to keep your eyes on. Will definitely adjust ignition just to be safe. However, for competitions I'll be using VP MS109, so probably will use Riva map for that setup with no modifications, we'll see.

    Other than that - ride plate adjustments, will set it more for rough conditions, not top speed. I'm not happy with bounce I have so far, ride plate installed with no shims for now. Sponsons, of course. And nozzle - I have few rings (81, 82, 83,86mm), I'll see which one works better for me.

  5. #5
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    I hope someone has suggested the valve train upgrade or I would chill on the rpms a bit for some longevity. Also, could bring up the pitch on the impeller or a smaller ring on the nozzle to drop the rpm's

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    kingwood,texas
    Posts
    526
    +1
    1

    bounce

    good luck with the bounce and yes with that high of RPMs I would get valve train upgrade or u wont be doing that for long.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vladivostok, Russia
    Posts
    65
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Wow.....great project....

    well...ur definitely in the right hands with Jerry.....and yes.....hook-up has to be your focus now as your ski, with all that power, is unhooking alot. What is ur trim set at and what fuel level are you at in the vid? How r u positioning ur self on the ski during throttling?

    Lookin forward to your results with the new pump/prop....keep us posted.
    Thank you for kind words! Trim at neutral, less than half tank of fuel. I tried to be closer to steering as possible, but still nursing hand injury from last year bike accident so it's kinda hard for me to keep up with this ski. I'll do better launches, promise you

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vladivostok, Russia
    Posts
    65
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I hope someone has suggested the valve train upgrade or I would chill on the rpms a bit for some longevity. Also, could bring up the pitch on the impeller or a smaller ring on the nozzle to drop the rpm's
    I will not be revving that high for sure. And will install valve train upgrade. However, I kinda hope aftermarket industry will bring us complete package near time soon, I'm not completely excited with upgrading to stiffer springs and leaving stock valves. Maybe that's just me, but I would love to have smth like Ferrea's just to have a piece of mind

    Pistons, rods and studs will be installed too, no doubt. But main focus now is to get more sitting time and get to know ski and competitions. Train hard and learn, learn, learn

  9. #9
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    Thank you for kind words! Trim at neutral, less than half tank of fuel. I tried to be closer to steering as possible, but still nursing hand injury from last year bike accident so it's kinda hard for me to keep up with this ski. I'll do better launches, promise you
    Trim that bad boy down........get some bow nose pressure going so you keep ur pump hooked up more. Start with 2 clicks....then go 1...see the difference...then go neutral...

    think you'll be like me.....trimmed down a lot!!!! All that power is wanting to lift that hull out of the water....trim down to help keep planted Keep a heavier fuel load when possible....and look toward upgrading ur valve train and internals soon.........those rpm's r alot of abuse on that motor.....good luck

  10. #10
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    I have basically the same setup as you. I have the 12 vane 160mm pump. I started with the 13/23 prop and I topped out at appoximately 7950 RPM's. I don't have the nozzle rings that you have.

    I am moving to 12/20 to get my RPM's to 8450 to 8500. I don't know of anyone else on these boards with as many vanes as me, so I will be curious as to what you see. I plan to have my prop depitched by my next race in June.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. selling my turbo gprxp project
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM
  2. Wtb Aftermarket F/a And Reeds And Spacers For My 650-780 Project!!!
    By 450warrior in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
  3. My little Winder project=P
    By ryan*9 in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 01:45 AM
  4. My little Winter Project
    By ryan*9 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
  5. Pictures Of My 6 Month Project Gpr!!
    By RDH in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •