Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

silicone spray..

can i use silicone spray to spray my engine? so it will protect the engine from beach salt? and all its electrical contacts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    can i use silicone spray to spray my engine? so it will protect the engine from beach salt? and all its electrical contacts?
    Yes, I spray my engine compartments down after every ride. I go through a case of that stuff every riding season. You shouldn't really have any exposed electrical contacts, but for all the connections I use dielectric grease.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Excellent question...I'm curious what everyone's opinion is on this matter. I think the manual says to spray it with a silicone metal protectant? I think it's called T-9?

Talking anti corrosion spray

bombardier has an excellent anti corrosion spray that you can literally wet the entire engine compt down with,, a little pricey but very well worth the money. i cant remember the exact brand name of it but i bought it fromthe local bombardier dealer here in jacksonville fla. it was about 14.00 for a can of it. keeps thing looking new.
    rwc297

Red face sea doo lube

here is a pic of the product very good stuff i found it on amazon.com for under 9.00. 11.99 at the dealer not 14.00 as i said earlier

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwc297 View Post
    here is a pic of the product very good stuff i found it on amazon.com for under 9.00. 11.99 at the dealer not 14.00 as i said earlier

I wonder how close it is to silicone spray. As usual with anything factory, your paying some for the name. I get my silicone spray for $2.49 but they also recently changed the chemical formula on most of the silicone sprays to comply with the environmental regulations and it seems to be different now. I still like it, just seems to be different.

ok thanks...i can only fine silicone spray here... i cant find di electric grease... is it thesame with the grease for lubrication?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by andy95'slx780 View Post
    ...I can only fine silicone spray here...
    I can't find dielectric grease...

is it the same with the grease for lubrication?
    Dielectric grease is grease specifically intended for use on electrical connections.

It does not absorb water, and it does not attack plastics. Most importantly, it does not conduct electricity. It is an electrical insulator, and provides a protective coating.

Regular grease can affect some plastics, and some greases are mildly conductive.

What Is Dielectric Grease?

I believe dielectric grease is primarily for electrical connections and contacts. It helps prevent corrosion and issuers good contact. You should be able to find it at any auto parts store. A small tube will cost you a couple of bucks. Great for the trailer light connection.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    Excellent question...I'm curious what everyone's opinion is on this matter. I think the manual says to spray it with a silicone metal protectant? I think it's called T-9?

I have T-9, and use it for some things. It does what is says it does, but over time there can be be a waxy build-up.

I also use Fluid Film, which is lanolin based

Do NOT use petroleum (oil, solvent) based sprays, as they tend to harden and degrade plastics and rubber, including hoses and wire insulation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information