Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SHO or 260 ?

SHO or 260 ?

have a 07 HO going to be the wife's, not sure what to get ?
    Which one is better off shore, I like to go out a sun set and blast around , I would like to go over 70 with out screwing up the warr. is that realistic. I know about the 87 vs 91 , Kaw pig on gas but the SHO would use a lot more than my HO right, more storage, but which one is better offshore, I would like to get a 5 yr warr. and NOT void it . Thanks jj

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    For offshore (ocean) riding the 260 is the best ski in my opinion. A few goodies can get you close to 70mph without warranty issues but I don't know about where you live but in Ca. most of the time you can not go anywhere near 70mph sustained as the conditions generally don't allow.
    The SHO is a good ski also and it is generally dependable so...
    But no doubt the king of the blue briny is the 260.
    Just my .2

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    have a 07 HO going to be the wife's, not sure what to get ?
    Which one is better off shore, I like to go out a sun set and blast around , I would like to go over 70 with out screwing up the warr. is that realistic. I know about the 87 vs 91 , Kaw pig on gas but the SHO would use a lot more than my HO right, more storage, but which one is better offshore, I would like to get a 5 yr warr. and NOT void it . Thanks jj

If offshore is the most important thing then no questions the Ultra 260 is the Ski to buy.. Now the SHO is not a bad ski for offshore but I think its more of a all around ski with lots of potential for top speed.. You can get both of this skis in the 70 fairly easy with out really compromising the warranty .. ULTRA is the King of Offshore and SHO the best for a all around ski.

I live in Naples fl. the gulf coast is calm compared to the ocean, the local dealer thinks the 260 would be his choice. Since both are supercharged would they use about the same in fuel. Thanks jj

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    I live in Naples fl. the gulf coast is calm compared to the ocean, the local dealer thinks the 260 would be his choice. Since both are supercharged would they use about the same in fuel.
    Honestly it depends on how you drive your skis..But to answer your question yes both ski will go thru Fuel maybe the Ultra a little more!

One last question , Is there much difference between the 250 and the 260 skis? I found a dealer with a 07 250 for $8,000. + tax , In my town a dealer has a 08 for $9,800 out the door. We just bought the 07 Ho for 7,800 I'm going to list it on Craigslist I have 3 hr on it with a new 5 year war, If I sell it I'll buy a SHO for the wife and a Kaw for my self. Thanks jj

Banned User
    +1

SHO

Go with SHO its all around better and with few mods it can go 76 mph
    and most 260 cant get over 70 i have had both and the sho is way more user
    friendly and has cruise control and better gas mileage .

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Get the 260 instead of the 250 if you can. If no, talk to the guys that have 250's on how to deal with GIO and pump issue's, etc.
    The SHO is a good ski. The 65 mph kawi will usually smoke the 75mph SHO in most offshore conditions.

get the 260 over the 250. It has more of the kinks worked out. 07 is famous for Gas In Oil problem. Some 08s too.

If I was buying one today I would be buying the sho or the FZS,FZR, because of all the problems I have had with my 250, but they wont be as good in rougher waters.

+1
    Ask this question in a diff section! You have kawi fans in this section what do you expect for an answer? I'm A DI hard yamilogger. Go for the SHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information