Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2007 RXT Weight Reduction

In speaking today with the owner of one of the largest Sea Doo dealerships in California who attended the Nashville unveiling of the '07 skis two days ago, Sea Doo did announce the weight reduction of the RXT.

The stated difference between last years model and this years model is 54 lbs.

The dealership owner has a call in to his "contact" at Sea Doo (who is still traveling home from the unveiling) to find out exactly what they did to reduce the weight.

It is the dealer's belief that the weight reduction is the result of lightening the hull.

I will let you all know when I confirm this information.

And the difference for the 2007 GTX Limited is even bigger...70lbs!!!

The italian importer, said that those new light numbers were not confirmed by the new 2007 brochures they recieved wich were reporting the old wheights. In this way it looks like a mistake in the web site!!!

Let us know, please!

GIONNIK

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my seadoo rep for our dealership told us the same thing the night of the nashville meeting... it's no typo, it's legit, it's not a website mistake

+1
    Wow....thats alot lighter...I bet some of that is the new hood as well.....

+1
    Be real...the only way that amount of weight could be saved is by going to a carbon fiber hull...I think not ! If they did save weight by making the hull paper thin and it was a "good" thing, not a cost cutter (price of resin and glass has skyrocketed) don't you think they would have been bragging about it along with the other "minor" changes for 2007 that were written up as being "extreme". If , in fact, the actual weight was reduced, it's something SD is not willing to brag about or even want noticed ...I wonder why ????

Richard

Rochester NY and 1000 islands Canada (summer time)
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    Be real...the only way that amount of weight could be saved is by going to a carbon fiber hull...I think not ! If they did save weight by making the hull paper thin and it was a "good" thing, not a cost cutter (price of resin and glass has skyrocketed) don't you think they would have been bragging about it along with the other "minor" changes for 2007 that were written up as being "extreme". If , in fact, the actual weight was reduced, it's something SD is not willing to brag about or even want noticed ...I wonder why ????

Richard
    I am with you on this one. If the where able to shave that kind of weight off the ski, why not advertise it? Saying it is lighter/faster would probably appeal to most people. And can you really lose that much weight from the hull, seat, and plastic hood?

+1
    From a marketing standpoint, it's not the easiest thing to brag about:

"The new RXP......Bold New Graphics......and Less Piggier"

My bet is they will rant and rave about it to the trade magazines and at dealerships....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat
    From a marketing standpoint, it's not the easiest thing to brag about:

"The new RXP......Bold New Graphics......and Less Piggier"

My bet is they will rant and rave about it to the trade magazines and at dealerships....
    Not if the motor mounts and grate pull through the micro thin hull.

New advertizement will read: 2007 SEA-DOO's BOOST EXTREME WEIGHT REDUCTION DUE TO NEW SUPER, EXTREMELY THIN HULL LAYUP !!

No need to use heat to take off the rideplate and sponson fasteners, you can just pull them off with out using any tools !!

SD marketing thoughts....gee if we can make the 2006 GTI hood and reverse lever super thin and flimsy, why not make the ENTIRE boat the sameway, through out the line up !!

LOL
    Richard

You guys crack me up! "You can just pull the ride plate off through the hull".
    I said I would find out more about the weight reduction and that my dealer friend "speculated" the hull was a major contributor to the reduction.
    I was talking to another buddy the other day who stripped down his RXT to the hull and it still took three guys to lift the bare hull off the trailer. Believe me when I say there is plenty of room to lighten the hull without making it paper thin.
    And yes, you can bet the dealers are going to pitch the lighter weight since the only other thing they can pitch for '07 are the graphics and as you see from the forum half of you love the new graphics and half of you don't.
    Hopefullly I will have news for you early next week.
    Cheers.
    P.s. In the meantime, keep grinning and hold those throttles wide open.

[quote=1FastRXP]You guys crack me up! "You can just pull the ride plate off through the hull".
    I said I would find out more about the weight reduction and that my dealer friend "speculated" the hull was a major contributor to the reduction.

The boat is so heavy anyway i not sure that 50 lbs is gonna make much of a difference. And don't forget, the strength of this boat is its ability to keep the pump hooked up better than any other boat on the market. To make it lighter means it will be more bouyant and will reduce its ability to stay hooked in bad water. But for smooth lakes and rivers, true, SD probably picked up some "cheap speed" by making the boat a little lighter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information