Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

09 260lx 2* pump wedge

is it worth do install a 2* pump wedge on 09 260 ultra lx? any mph gain?

Depends on how you ride. If you ride in flat, you can go with the 2 degree wegde and the riva plate. If you ride in any chop. *do not* put the 2 degree on there. Go with the 1 degree and an r&d plate. The 2 degree tends to take away from the rough water hook-up which makes this craft so good.

Not sure about running the wedges with the stock plate though, most people add a wedge when the change the plate from what I have seen.

I just installed a LX wedge on the 260, but have been unable to test it yet. The last time we went to the lake, the wind was crazy and the waves were 3ft high!

Everyone pussed out and loaded up.

I was impressed with how the 260 handled the white caps though. As long as I stayed on the gas, it just rode right on top.

i ride in a lake usually is choppy due to lot of people there "elephant butte,New Mexico". I just want to gain some mph, our altitude is at 4400 ft i think. it tops about 61-63 mph. ordered a block off plate and still want to do some more mods to gain in the high 60's maybe low 70's. Will exhaust gain alot, it looks unrestricted to me till after waterbox where it goes to tail pipe, looks pretty small for a super charged engine. what else should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyp View Post
    i ride in a lake usually is choppy due to lot of people there "elephant butte,New Mexico". I just want to gain some mph, our altitude is at 4400 ft i think. it tops about 61-63 mph. ordered a block off plate and still want to do some more mods to gain in the high 60's maybe low 70's. Will exhaust gain alot, it looks unrestricted to me till after waterbox where it goes to tail pipe, looks pretty small for a super charged engine. what else should i do?
    I just removed my R&D 1 degree wedge as I found it lifting the bow to high for my liking. If your interested let me know, i will make a great deal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyp View Post
    61-63 seems a bit low. Judging from the fact that you are at a high altitude and in new mexico (which I suspect is hot) you should try to do what you can to get more air and cool the engine down. I would recommend the I/C mod and possibly the Ram Air mod unless you are really worried about water injestion. After that you could consider doing a pump shoe seal and possibly RD plate and 1 deg wedge. That could give you a couple mph. Definitely don't go Riva plate or 2 deg wedge with chop. Also you mentioned BOV block off. It is my understanding that the BOV on the 260X skis is actually a lot better and is really not worth blocking off.

If this isn't enough for you consider a 1-1 pulley kit (pulley, injectors) which should give you a few mph and some wicked acceleration. Definitely do IC mod if you go the pulley route.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OC_JAX View Post
    I just removed my R&D 1 degree wedge as I found it lifting the bow to high for my liking. If your interested let me know, i will make a great deal on it.
    PM me!

i already blocked it. and if i wanna do 1.1 pully kit do i have to do a fuel pump and fuel pressure reg too and tune? i also blocked off intake ports from top of catch can put a breather filter and blow off filter also. i was thinking of doing a free flow exhaust but it looks free flow to me already, from r&d has mine looks basicly the same just a different tip of rivas.

You really don't want to remove the top line between oil separator (catch can) and air intake tube. Need it to pull vapor/pressure out.

David

Quote Originally Posted by SAL08HO View Post
    PM me!

PM sent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information