Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 10hr service

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

10hr service

It looks like I'll pass 10hrs over the Mem day weekend. Will the alarms and such go off after it hits 10 thereby causing problems and rev limiters, or is there just the check engine light?

+1

10hr service

Maybe a Maintenence light, not sure if it comes on at 10 hrs. no problem though. Schedule a service for the week after though

You will already have the red spanner lit on the dash is my guess.

No problems running it too far over, but check what the warranty states you should do.

Its more a check of all the ski, and the drive system in particular.

The check-over takes a while to do remember, so be ready for ths one. More "fiddly-bits" to check with the new tech skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    It looks like I'll pass 10hrs over the Mem day weekend. Will the alarms and such go off after it hits 10 thereby causing problems and rev limiters, or is there just the check engine light?
    The maintenance light will blink for a few seconds when you start the ski. It won't constantly beep like the fuel buzzer.

I read the owners manual and all they say is Oil change service at 10 hours. So is it hard to change the oil on a jet ski? Is there a drain plug or do u just suck out the oil with the suction line and just change the filter. They said it will cost around $230 to do the oil change and check everything. Does this sound reasonable? They said u have to take it to any seadoo dealer to not void the warranty. Is there any other oil that might need to be changed?

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for the info. It will go in as soon as it can, I was just curious because she'll probably hit 10 hrs during the Holiday weekend. As far as the price, it is spendy but I lucked out because in an effort to keep my business because of my first ski's issues, the dealer offered me a free 10 hr service.

+1
    My red maintenance light turned on as soon as I hit the 10 hour mark. They don't only change the oil fo the first maintenance, they also check your break in period. Also make sure you get the 10 hour service signed and stamped at the back of your manual. ( not sure if you have the same with the 2010 models). Just incase you want to resell your ski or proove that you had the 10 hour service done by a Seadoo dealer.

You shouldn't have any issues with your machine. If I remember correctly, there was a light on, and a "MAINTENANCE REQUIRED" message that scrolled across the screen when I first turned on the machine.

10 hour service is CRUCIAL in my opinion!

They drain fluids and replenish them, especially the oil and the filter. They also check all hoses and electrical connections and your battery too. All that crap from the manufacturing processes of the engine (metal flakes, and chemicals like metal preservers and stuff) are sometimes present in the engine's fluids and this is the time when they get properly drained and resupplied with fresh, clean fluids.

The dealer also checks the onboard computer to make sure everything is working fine, and then resets your "MAINTENANCE REQUIRED" message and the light. As I've said COUNTLESS times in other postings... If you fail to get the 10 hour service done OR any other fault codes checked, your warranty may be void! That's what the damn computer is for... You don't even need to find the problem most of the time, the thing tell you everything these days!

RXPX2008, I just checked my records, and paid $198 with taxes for my first service ($134 labour + $40 shop supplies + taxes). Its a well-known dealer here in Barrie, Ontario. By the way, where in Canada are you?

EDIT: One more thing... rangermtb5 is right. Dealers are becoming busy now that the weather is picking up (at least here in Ontario) so schedule your appointment early if you want your machine back quickly!

I am in Scarborough area. So the closest 1 is snowcity for me.

I am going to do my own maintains. How do I shut the light off.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information