Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Hey guys I'm a new (used) owner and new to this site. What I have is a 2007 Seadoo RXT with the mods listed below (on it when I bought it). It has only 35 hours on it so its still pretty fresh. Is there anything I am missing to get the full potential out of this thing? It's fast don't get me wrong but if there is something holding it back I want to know. I was looking into a new waterbox but i don't know what that will add to performance.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not a mod/speed guy, but I was curious if any of your mods addressed the washer issue on the SC. I see in your sig. that there was a change on the impeller, but not necessarily the SC itself. If not, you'll want to check into metal washers ASAP...

yeah...check your washers.....1st.

then...swap out your 3"riva intake for a diy or by a 4" intake.

What kinda numbers are you seeing with that set-up as is?

I'm waiting on a call back from the mechanic that built the thing. I talked to him prior to purchasing the thing, he said that there shouldn't be any reason for concern. I wasn't aware the washers were an issue till just lately. But better safe then sorry.

I'm not real sure how fast it goes, haven't put it on GPS yet. I know speedometers are inaccurate but I hit 70 @ 7680 RPM, max i've hit was 8180 RPM...

What size of injectors are in there? Shouls have some 42's with that setup

When you hit 8180 was that on launch or while you were cruising? Is your prop a 13/19 or a 14/19? You want to be right at 8100 RPM's at WOT (wide open throttle).At 8150 and up the ECU is cutting fuel. It would be helpful to know what RPM's you are turning consistently at WOT while cruising and what kind of numbers you are getting on GPS.

The injectors are stock. The RIVA Stage II kit doesn't come with upgraded injectors. The prop is 13/19. at WOT RPM > 8100, i've seen 8180 on the tach. Haven't had it on GPS so i don't know what top speed is

Anything above 8100 your on the limiter, so you'll need to add a little pitch to your prop to bring your rpm's down. This will increase your top speed too. I'm not too familiar with a 13/19 prop....is that a 3 blade or 4? Regardless you'll need more pitch. 42's wouldn't hurt. I would check your spark plugs and see if it looks like your running lean and if so I'd upgrade the injectors. Do you know what kind of boost your SC is putting out with that Riva impeller it has?

Its a Solas 3 blade prop. What would you suggest switching to? The impleller adds (lbs of boost @ 8100RPM according to RIVA. Also, im looking at chaning the stock waterbox to the RIVA box. Would the performance justify the cost?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prop.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	189419  

Quote Originally Posted by cahickm2 View Post
    Its a Solas 3 blade prop. What would you suggest switching to? The impleller adds (lbs of boost @ 8100RPM according to RIVA. Also, im looking at chaning the stock waterbox to the RIVA box. Would the performance justify the cost?
    Your prop seems to be fine for your mods it just needs to be tweaked to dial in the RPM's better. There are several people on here that do it (Duke, Speedfreaks, etc) or you can follow the instructions in this thread and do it yourself:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2614

According to Riva's site you don't need the 42's, so I wouldn't bother with them. As far as the waterbox goes, all a Riva box is a gutted stock waterbox (essentially) . I haven't heard too many people really gain much performance from it. Most people do it for the sound. If you have someone local that can do tig welding pretty well, you can gut your box yourself and have it welded back up and it'll be the same as a Riva box, but a fraction of the cost. If you just want to change the exhaust tone to be louder, you can remove the resonator and replace it with an 8" long 2.5" wide aluminum pipe. It makes the exhaust louder and deeper, but can be annoying sometimes as well, so make sure you want it to be louder before doing anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information