Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new to the forum

hello everyone, i just purchased my first ski! a 95 800 xp... i test drove it.. it ran great! turns on a dime goes the estimated 57 mph.. i do have a few problems.. one is the gauge for the gas indicator reads empty even with a full tank. ??? also the baywatch purple is still on.. any ideas as to how to remove the purple and customize?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to the forum!
    nice find...post some pics of it. What kind of shape is it in? There is a thread on the top of this section on how to fix that sending unit.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    hello everyone, i just purchased my first ski! a 95 800 xp... i test drove it.. it ran great! turns on a dime goes the estimated 57 mph.. i do have a few problems.. one is the gauge for the gas indicator reads empty even with a full tank. ??? also the baywatch purple is still on.. any ideas as to how to remove the purple and customize?
    Dude.. thats the kind of ski you keep stock.. or return it to stock. You have no idea how rare that is do you. Awesome machine. This is how it should look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XP800-3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	189283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XP800-1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	189284  

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Welcome to GH!

The float magnet has probably fallen out of the pickup tube. Remove your inlet hose, shine a flashlight through the side, and look if you can see it, and the bottom cap, floating around the tank. Fish iit out, remove the pickup, and reinstall. It should work fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Ha, you'll get crucified for stripping that down and changing a classic like that, but if you're going to do it no matter what shoot me a PM and I can answer any questions for you. At the end of the day you need to be happy sitting on your machine. My restore on my 96 XP came out pretty good. I've done a couple machines and can fill you in.

http://www.pwctoday.com/f15/finished...cs-195420.html

been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    95s are far more rare than the 96s....

keep a 95 stock on outside if at all possible...

Wow! i had no idea that the 95 800 xp was that rare... thanks for the info.. this weekend ill try to mess with the fuel idicator to see if i can fix the problem.. any ideas on how to make it faster?

I don't remember the exact figure but I think there were 2,000 or so 95 XP800's made and over 40,000 96 XP's made.

Seriously, you have the 427 Cobra of jet-skis there. Please do it justice. Or sell i to me.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800X-4rider View Post
    I don't remember the exact figure but I think there were 2,000 or so 95 XP800's made and over 40,000 96 XP's made.

Seriously, you have the 427 Cobra of jet-skis there. Please do it justice. Or sell i to me.
    Also check the plate on the motor if its still original...if it says some thing like "785 X" it even more rare

check it out

here is something i did with my xp . I hope it gives u some ideals .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information